What is the point of speaker wattage. What would be the differnce between 65 watt speakers and 75 watt speakers. thanks
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Well, a 75watt speaker can handle 75 watts of power - and a 65watt speaker can handle 65watts...
Unless you're talkinga bout powered PA speakers... But this is the guitar forum, so I'm assuming you're talking about amp speakers.
Higher speaker handling translates to a smoother tone with a bit more clarity. Mostly it's irrelevant, as very few companies make the same speaker with different power ratings (Weber is the only one I can think of).
so what do I want a Celestion g12t-65 or g12t-75???????????
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
is the g12t 75 the same as a 65 just different watts?
and would there be much of a difference?
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
bumity bump before bed. hoping for more advice in the morning!
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
The 1265's are miles different to the 75s.. the 1265 is a really smooth sounding speaker with a rolled off top end. It's often used in dumble style amps. The 75 IMO is a POS and has a harsh top end, it's ok for heavier toens but for anything else it sucks.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details