ok. well im new to acoustic guitar and when i strum chords it buzzes a little and it annoys the heck out of me. Am I strumming to hard or is there supposed to be a little buzzing?

thanks
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
Press harder on the strings, this will hurt at first...but, you will get used to it...

Good luck!
yeah. Acoustic strings are usually heavier than regular electric guitar strings and require a little more pressure to get a clean sound.
not just pressing down, but make sure your other fingers are clear from the open strings... i had this problem when i started cuz my hands are huge... you don't really get that noise on electric
i have big hands too. lol. i feel your pain.

pressing down is helping. cool.

i thought something was wrong with my acoustic.
ok. well im new to acoustic guitar and when i strum chords it buzzes a little and it annoys the heck out of me. Am I strumming to hard or is there supposed to be a little buzzing?

mine does that to it is very normal but try tuning ur guiter just a little bit off or lower and it completly gets rid of it it worked on mine so ya see wat happens
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
yes pressing down may be the problem, but be aware that some guitars will have fret buzz because of a very slight bend in the neck,
The mind is not a vessel to be filled, it is a fire to be kindled.
Quote by Luke2
yes pressing down may be the problem, but be aware that some guitars will have fret buzz because of a very slight bend in the neck,

yes i know but when i bought it 2 days ago they did work on the neck.
Quote by kam3
mine does that to it is very normal but try tuning ur guiter just a little bit off or lower and it completly gets rid of it it worked on mine so ya see wat happens

you shouldn't really ever have to do that. if you're having to do that then you need to get your guitar setup professionally or you need to fix it yourself.

as far as pressing down harder.... that's good advice, but don't get carried away and press down too hard. the string shouldn't actually touch the fretboard and if you are pressing down so hard that it does you aren't going to get the right note... jusy fyi.