Does anybody have any suggestions on a excellent quallity guitar with a double locking tremolo? I don't necessarily want a signature guitar, so any brand/model within a price of $800 or less would be sweet. Thanks!
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

Member of CRM (Classic Rock Movement)
PM ZeppelinFan3890 for info or to join

+ =

Member of the UG Conservative Party. PM cagnius to join.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR

Excellent quality badass guitar. You could probably find it for way cheaper than it's retail price.
Quote by mikeman

Excellent quality badass guitar. You could probably find it for way cheaper than it's retail price.

+1, Schecters rule
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by gwitersnamps
Jackson.

+1

a schecters good too
but I prefer Jacksons..

Eitherway.. you will not get a Van Halen sound froma guitar alone..
your gonna need a specific amp
a phaser
and some other little tricks
to get close to eddies "brown sound"
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Well, Van Halen used a Kramer guitar most of the time. Kinda strat-jackson like.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Charvels are way too expensive and jacksons have EMG's. Not a big fan of the EMG's. I'll take a look at the Schecter. The tremolo dosn't necessarily have to be FR. I'm going to possibly take a look at the Ibanez RG1570. Trust me the amp/effects will all come in due time just after the guitar.
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

+ =

put a seymour duncan custom custom humbucker in a ash body strat with a FR and you'll got the evh thing. You can try to find a Made In Japan strat, theyre good quality and way less expensive than the USA one
Thats a great idea Ibzman! Would ebay be the best place to find them? And about how much would they go for?
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

+ =

Rg1570
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Charvels are way too expensive and jacksons have EMG's. Not a big fan of the EMG's. I'll take a look at the Schecter. The tremolo dosn't necessarily have to be FR. I'm going to possibly take a look at the Ibanez RG1570. Trust me the amp/effects will all come in due time just after the guitar.

The Schecter also has EMG's
Go to Warmoth and buy an ash Strat body routed for a FR and a single humbucker (angled, of course). Get an unfinished maple neck with a birdseye maple fretboard. Get a humbucker, FR, and harware and put it together yourself.

EVH style.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by MetzBlaze

Most Jacksons have Duncans, not EMGs. I'd recommend an old Kramer Pacer off of eBay. They're not expensive at all, and they're good quality.
Quote by mikeman

THATS MY GUITAR.... MY GUITAR = KICKASSAGE
that may work though i find his sound works best with an alder bodied guitar...which i dont believe the schecter is
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Go to Warmoth and buy an ash Strat body routed for a FR and a single humbucker (angled, of course). Get an unfinished maple neck with a birdseye maple fretboard. Get a humbucker, FR, and harware and put it together yourself.

EVH style.

Don't forget a crazy paint-job and the tight, leather pants!
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
I like the idea of making the guitar myself, but I have absolutely no experience when it comes to guitar making. Also, about how much would the parts cost, parts wise? Could I pay Warmoth to put it together/paint it/totally make it? Charvels are way too expensive for my price range. The Kramers look cool, I will definitely check them out. Any other suggestions?
Quote by Zawa122188
metz has it right man

+ =