Im in the market for a vintage (pre 1069... not reissue) gibson guitar.

I have about 2 grand to spend

I will prob buy on ebay

Any model and year suggestions
I would never buy a guitar worth 2 grand off of ebay.
Never.
Not reliable no warranty, nothing.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by noah22791
I would never buy a guitar worth 2 grand off of ebay.
Never.
Not reliable no warranty, nothing.

Definitely not.
I like Gibson Hummingbirds, those might be a little out of that price range though; if I were you I would go for a vintage Martin and Co. if you have that much money to spend. That's only based on opinion.
Quote by ChaosZeppelin21
I like Gibson Hummingbirds, those might be a little out of that price range though; if I were you I would go for a vintage Martin and Co. if you have that much money to spend. That's only based on opinion.

True that. Gibsons may be good, but Martins are a legacy. They are very nice if you have the money.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
if u wont something relible and cheap go for a Fender and no way never by a guitar for 2 grand and not off of ebay
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Quote by ChaosZeppelin21

for 2 grand you aren't really going to be able to get a very nice vintage Martin. those Gibson Hummingbirds are awesome though... but those are also out of your price range.

Quote by kam3
if u wont something relible and cheap go for a Fender and no way never by a guitar for 2 grand and not off of ebay

ok i don't agree with anything in that post... Fender's are cheap however their reliability is questionable. they aren't the best designed nor the best-made guitars out there for the money. saying don't buy a guitar for 2 grand is crazy also, imo. if you've got the money then go for it! you can buy some really really wonderful acoustics for 2000 that anybody would be proud to own. and normally i don't agree with buying guitars on eBay... but when it comes to very high end guitars, i actually don't have a problem with it. a guitar in the 2000 dollar price range is going to be very well made and often handmade. with guitars this nice you rarely have to worry about factory flaws. if you find one that has pictures and is described well, i personally wouldn't think twice so long as the buyer has a money-back gaurantee.
Last edited by jimtaka at Jun 5, 2006,
I don't really think you will be able to get a decent vintage guitar for two grand period. If you are looking for guitars with fantastic sound, you may want to look in the direction of L'arrivee. They are very finely crafted guitars in that range.
^-- it depends on what model he wants.

and i agree 100% about Larrivee. great guitars!