what a great amp for 200 bucks! Its got 6 effects on it, which sound great. The tone is incredible considering the guitar I have. Anyone new or someone who just wants a great jam amp i suggest this one.
I love my Spider II 112 75 watt personally. Many people dont like the amp, but I couldn't be happier. I just need to get the corresponding pedal to switch presets. Overall, great amp, but the sound needs a LITTLE work.
i have the 210. you'll hear loads of people here say tis crap etc but for a solid state amp, it's pretty wicked, especially for metal music.
I have a Spider210 ... I like its features, but I cant find a sound that Im happy with. Im selling it and getting an Atomic 112.
lol. maybe its the first amp you played (to Mattyp123) or haven't played very good ones
Quote by metalmiliita56
not to sound stupid but do combos sound as good as tubes?

Quote by Tom Martin

Still, use a condom - STD's arn't like pokémon - you don't get a certificate for catching them all.

Quote by Refixer
All Spiders suck. Accept it. Even the ones with legs.
Quote by CraigKing
i have the 210. you'll hear loads of people here say tis crap etc but for a solid state amp, it's pretty wicked, especially for metal music.

The only thing it could possibly be considered good for is that nu-metal noise core garbage. I've been playing guitar for 10 years, and the Line 6 Spider series is one of the most artificial sounding modelers I've ever heard.
Hi, I'm Peter
yeah i used to think mine "decent" i then got a peavey classic 30 and a/b'ed them....the line 6 is terrible in comparisson
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

I own a Spider II as well, the 212, 150W combo.
I bought it for like 275 Euros, which is a steal, really. And although I was pretty sure I really wanted it, I got bored and disgusted with the sounds and effects after maybe 3-4 days. The sound is just so fake, you can really tell your guitar isn't doing much to the sound (From what I've learned, the only difference can be made by using either Singles or high-output HB's; I have EMG's in my LTD, my friend has a standard Bronze Warlock, we sound neigh the same!), just now after hours and hours of tweaking, I'm finally beginning to find a sound I like.
The delay is ok I guess, and I only use a bit of the reverb at any one time, cause if you turn it up too much, it sounds like you're playing in a sheet-metal church...

I guess it's great for a beginner amp, since it does all those nits and tricks 'the cool people do on tv', and from my old Peavey Rage, it's still an upgrade... but I'd rather have those 275Euro's in my pocket now...that's like 20% of an ENGL Powerball ( )
Linkin park uses line 6, and if you like that stuff (im not going to say junk because people have different tastes) GO FOR IT!
What amp would you guys reccomend in the same price range ($275-$325) that's better and around the same wattage (~75 watts)?
A Roland Cube 60 maybe.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i actually play lighter music. i like the clean and crunch tones for bluesy riffs. the metal sounds cool but thats not really what i'm in to. the noise gate on the amp is really helpful too.
Quote by Mattyp123
i actually play lighter music.

Try a Vox Valvetronix. Or even better, a Blues Jr. or some other all-tube amp. You'll never want to touch a Line 6 product again.
Hi, I'm Peter
The Spiders make good practice amps. For bedroom use, they're fine. They have a few cool effects and can be great fun to play with and learn how effects work and ****. But I would hardly describe them as good amps, even compared to other amps in their price range. Side by side with anything else, anything else will beat them tonally, including a Marshall MG. As soon as you crank the volume on a Spider, the already only marginally acceptable tone goes south in a hurry.

As for the Flextone, I got some serious hands-on time with a Flextone III combo a couple of months ago. I had one on loan while my El Diablo was being repaired. I used it for home practice, as well as band practice and the final day I had it, I used it for a gig. I only really liked one of the heavy tones (triple recto), but man, it was badass. This sucker sounded huge, thick and chunky. It didn't sound anything like a real triple recto, but man, it sounded good. The Insane model was pretty decent for really heavy stuff, but it has a real solid-state sound rather than the tube-type tone the other models try to acheive.

On the topic of the Line 6 Insane model - IMO it sounds almost as bad on the Spider as a Marshall MG. It's got that fizzy bees-in-a-jar digital quality that robs the guitar of its tone and wraps your signal in a thick blanket of fuzzies. That may be cool if you're rocking a low end starter guitar, but when you're cruisin' some premium wood, you're shooting yourself in the foot with this boat anchor. The Line6 Insane model sounds totally different on the Spider than the same model does on either the Flextone or on the Guitar Port / POD. On those devices, it's a very good tone. Very solid state, but sounds badass nonetheless, particularly if you're trying to play old Pantera stuff. This cover was recorded using the Insane model on the Guitar Port. This sounds nothing like a Line 6 Spider's Insane model. http://www.sadbuttrue-band.com/media/DownloadSong.asp?song_id=20

The cleans were its real strong point of the Flextone though. The 2 models I particularly enjoyed were the JC-120 and Fender Twin. They had the most close matches to their real-life counterparts.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
i think every representation of the insane setting line 6 produces are all different, i know for one that the insane on the spider's is terrible compaired for example the insane on the uber metal pedal.......yes if you tweak the pedal you can get a gd tone trust me, but it took ages......
The Insane on my Line6 Toneport was used to record the lead part on my Crazy Train cover.

It doesn't sound a damn thing like the Spider's Insane channel.
Quote by Danno13
The Insane on my Line6 Toneport was used to record the lead part on my Crazy Train cover.

It doesn't sound a damn thing like the Spider's Insane channel.

Which Toneport do you have Danno? What's your favorite setting? Do you download tones from www.customtone.com?

Errrr...

To be on topic, when I first started out, I thought that the Spider II was the coolest thing ever because it had all these crazy effects that I'd never played with before. That's why I think it makes a good practice amp.

Cranking your Spider II is the closest you can get to becoming Videoman.

...Did I just make a "Spiderman and his Amazing Friends" reference???

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^I have the UX1, I usually make my own settings, but my favorite stock one is Ain't Talkin' Bout Love, and I've never been to that site...
Spiders are like those guys with all the symbols and drums and tambourines on them, they do a whole lot, but they do it really shitty
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I haven't tried a lot of amps before, so I really have nothing to reference the Spider II against. I mean it has served me well for a while, but I may consider selling it if really is as ****ty as I hear because I just got a brand new Fender tele, and I think its time to move on from this amp. What'd be a good amp for around $300-$400 to run a 72 Thinline Telecaster through? Doesn't have to be a modelling amp. Time for some real pedals
Do you want the classic Fender tone? If so, try to grab a Blues Jr. or Hot Rod Deluxe used. Might be able to get something for that cheap. For modelers, I really enjoyed playing a Tele through the Valvetronix on the Tweed or Black settings.
Hi, I'm Peter
At 15 watts thru a 12", would the Blues Jr. be loud enough for smaller/lower medium gigs (I.E. Coffee houses, school auditoriums, etc)?
Yes. Well, definitely a coffee house. Auditorium...maybe. Depending on whether it's like a gymnasium or an actual performance hall.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Crunchmeister
The Spiders make good practice amps. For bedroom use, they're fine. They have a few cool effects and can be great fun to play with and learn how effects work and ****. But I would hardly describe them as good amps, even compared to other amps in their price range. Side by side with anything else, anything else will beat them tonally, including a Marshall MG. As soon as you crank the volume on a Spider, the already only marginally acceptable tone goes south in a hurry.

As for the Flextone, I got some serious hands-on time with a Flextone III combo a couple of months ago. I had one on loan while my El Diablo was being repaired. I used it for home practice, as well as band practice and the final day I had it, I used it for a gig. I only really liked one of the heavy tones (triple recto), but man, it was badass. This sucker sounded huge, thick and chunky. It didn't sound anything like a real triple recto, but man, it sounded good. The Insane model was pretty decent for really heavy stuff, but it has a real solid-state sound rather than the tube-type tone the other models try to acheive.

On the topic of the Line 6 Insane model - IMO it sounds almost as bad on the Spider as a Marshall MG. It's got that fizzy bees-in-a-jar digital quality that robs the guitar of its tone and wraps your signal in a thick blanket of fuzzies. That may be cool if you're rocking a low end starter guitar, but when you're cruisin' some premium wood, you're shooting yourself in the foot with this boat anchor. The Line6 Insane model sounds totally different on the Spider than the same model does on either the Flextone or on the Guitar Port / POD. On those devices, it's a very good tone. Very solid state, but sounds badass nonetheless, particularly if you're trying to play old Pantera stuff. This cover was recorded using the Insane model on the Guitar Port. This sounds nothing like a Line 6 Spider's Insane model. http://www.sadbuttrue-band.com/media/DownloadSong.asp?song_id=20

The cleans were its real strong point of the Flextone though. The 2 models I particularly enjoyed were the JC-120 and Fender Twin. They had the most close matches to their real-life counterparts.

Did you play the flextone II or III Because i was thinking about picking up a Line 6 Flextone II Head
I've played both. A couple of years ago while amp shopping, I came across a used Flextone II with floorboard. Had I not stumbled across a 5150 combo, I would have probably bought it. I really liked it a lot. I haven't tried the Flextone II and III side by side, but a lot of people claim the Flextone II sounds better.

And the amp I had on loan was a Flextone III.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I have to say... Vox Valvetronix PWNS the Spider II's. But I'm not saying the Spider II's are terrible; for the cash you can do worse. The problem is people compare them with like real, tube amps. Almost anything solid state will ph4il compared to a nice Fender or Mesa. But for its class, it's not terrible. You can definitely do better, but it is easy to use and sounds better than an MG.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by ajax
I love my Spider II 112 75 watt personally. Many people dont like the amp, but I couldn't be happier. I just need to get the corresponding pedal to switch presets. Overall, great amp, but the sound needs a LITTLE work.

Don't get the pedal........ I got it and I never use it. Save your money.
Quote by llanafreak44
Linkin park uses line 6, and if you like that stuff (im not going to say junk because people have different tastes) GO FOR IT!

No, they don't. Their guitarist uses a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier, which is 100X better than a Line 6.
What's the deal with the Crate GT1200H/G412SL half stack? Is it any good? I'm not sure but people lead me to believe it's a tube amp... For $500, that'd be pretty insane, but somewhat hard to believe.
no and no, sorry man. Not a tube amp, and not a very good amp. Even most Crate fans will tell you to steer clear of that one. I'm not big on Crate, but guys I know who use them told me to stay away from any of the Gxx series with spring reverb. Apparantly the Flexwave preamp(SS) sounds better on the digital reverb units.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah. that was expected. so would the blues jr. probably be the best lower price range tube amp?