I have a Epiphone SG, and i want to know if i can add a Single coil pick-up to the middle of the pick-ups. So instead of having an H/H set up i 'd have an H/S/H set up instead, and if i could. Would i need to change my pick-up selector to accomadate this, so its like a strats pick up selector, or an ibanez h/s/h set up.
well my friend, It is possible you would need to route a single coil hole in between the two HB slots but the wire tunnel should go right through that area so you should be fine, and what you would have to do with the 3-way toggle would be to wire it into the two center tabs on the switch, so that when the 3-way switch is in the straight up position, (normally activates both pickups) it would activate the single coil only...that should work, but It would take a little knowledge of 3 way switches, PM me if u want and maybe I can draw a diagram or something hope I can help... later
Travis C
My Guitars:
80s Charvel RR V
80s Kramer Baretta II american
1990 Jackson Dinky
80s B.C. Rich STIII
Fender MIM strat
Hamer Special
LTD F-250
80s Westone
Epi SG
My Custom "super squier"
Custom Kramer 300st
71 Yamaha acoustic
Quote by AAA_the_band
I have a Epiphone SG, and i want to know if i can add a Single coil pick-up to the middle of the pick-ups. So instead of having an H/H set up i 'd have an H/S/H set up instead, and if i could. Would i need to change my pick-up selector to accomadate this, so its like a strats pick up selector, or an ibanez h/s/h set up.

yes, but it would seem cramped up looking at the guitar, also you gonna have to remove another tone knob to fit a 3rd volume knob so you can get 3 volume controls and one master tone. or if you want easier just coil split your bridge humbucker it will give you a close enough sound to a single coil without have to install a single coil.
^Yea, it'll be easier just to coil split one of the humbuckers, rather than routing for a new single coil in the middle etc.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30