Why are there so many strat rip-offs? the raptor, the watchamacallits from ibanez and crate, i mean what the hell?
they are recognizable, comfortable, versatile, there's a reason why strats are still so popular.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
they are recognizable, comfortable, versatile, there's a reason why strats are still so popular.

+1

Most of the companies add something that Fender traditionally doesn't offer, like a FR or different pickup setups.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
It was a great innovation, but theres always people to make it better, I like a guitar body with rounded sides like my JS
The best guitar of all times. Not to say there arent other good guitars out there, but the strat is a great all around guitar. Even the cheap versions "can" sound good.
the strat is just a plain good guitar
My gear:
Tom Delonge squire strat
fender princeton 650
danelectric p.o.s. peddle
because its been used so much, so its become a very easily identifiable shape. it became used so much because it is a good shape, and it managed to take the lead when it was first invented, and it hasn't been usurped yet.

when people draw electric guitars they usually draw a strat (think cartoons for example). this is sort of like how you call tissues kleenex's. its just happened that it ended up being used a lot.