I've had my G&L Tribute Legacy for about 2 months, I recently purchased a Mesa/Boogie F30, I'm getting a lot of feedback from it, it's not so bad on clean, but you can hear the worst when it's on contour. I thought it was my cheap GX-15 when I was using that, but it's still doing it with the F30 also, what's the deal? I unhooked the cabel from the amp it goes away, but when you plug it back up, it comes back, I also have the amp hooked up to a surge strip that goes into an outlet with about 4 other appliances hooked up to it, could that be causing it also? I use a Monster Cable also.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
well other appliances and dimmers, can cause humming in amps.

is it feeding back with every pickup? or just one in particular.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
all of them, I switched them all and the humming never changed.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Have you tried standing further away from the amp? That works for me.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
and is the guitar input loose?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by R_H_C_P
Have you tried standing further away from the amp? That works for me.

that actually works quite well, especially for band practices
Has it always done this? Do other guitars make the same noise?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The input jack was loose, I did tighten it, it went away a little. This is the only guitar I have right now, and I only have a 6ft cable, I thought it would be long enough, but it isn't. Any ideas?
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Quote by Bad Seed
all of them, I switched them all and the humming never changed.

If it's just humming then it could be to do with your mains electricity, ie running lots of appliances from the same socket, also interference from computers, tvs etc.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by Bad Seed
The input jack was loose, I did tighten it, it went away a little. This is the only guitar I have right now, and I only have a 6ft cable, I thought it would be long enough, but it isn't. Any ideas?

couple of things...
when u tighten a jack u should always do it this way...

or u run the risk of loosening those two wires.

they might already be loose and causing the hum.

also, if u think its ur amp, u should face the speaker away from u. when u stand in front of the speaker, ur more likely to feedback.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thanks for the replies, I found out it was my cable, when I bought my guitar it came with a cheap cable, I ended up buying a monster cable to replace it. I unhooked the amp and moved it to another unused outlet and it was still there, i went as far away from the amp as I could and it was still there, I changed out to my old cheap cable and it went away. So I guess my new monster cable is no good?
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
well make sure the tips are screwed on tight. and yeah, if it hums its no good.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62