Pretty straightforward question. The bassist in the band with me wants to just hock his gear and give up, even though he's a really solid player. Has anyone else had a problem like this, and if so, how'd you handle it?

Thanks, ya'll.
I let them leave. I and my bandmates generally choose pretty talented people, but if they aren't into what the band is doing, I have no problem. I just don't try to make them stay, it's easier to find someone who wants to work on what we're doing.
If he really doesn't want to play anymore, it's only stupid to try keeping him - he isn't going to play well against his will, anyway. You could try to find out what are his reasons for wanting to leave, it's possible that there's just some circumstances making him feel that way or whatever, but.. Can't really suggest anything more than that.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
hmm that happened with my friends band

only with the drummer

now they have an indian kid whos 20x better than the original lmao
trying to make him stay will only piss him off give him his space and let him go
TO DISTURB IS TO PLEASE
Quote by Freunleven
Pretty straightforward question. The bassist in the band with me wants to just hock his gear and give up, even though he's a really solid player. Has anyone else had a problem like this, and if so, how'd you handle it? Thanks, ya'll.
I think you only have one option, really, and that's to let him go. Tell him as he's leaving that should he decide he wants to play again he'll have to audition for the spot. Good luck.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
what if you have problems finding a band in the first place? what do you do then? cry? kill? drink?
FIJI