I've been playing guitar for about a year now and im pretty good i guess for how long ive been playing. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with starting bands? How to tackle it and just any advice period would help. Im 15 just so you know

thanks
sorry, i forgot to tell you what kind of music i like incase that helps....

velvet revolver, rock n roll soldiers, weezer, white stripes, jet, red hot chili peppers, switchfoot, maybe some AC/DC, the hives, the vines, a little bit of the strokes, the new rock/alternative type stuff
1. find a drummer with similar taste
2. playing space [usually the hardest]
3. grab a second guitarist and bassist [or whatever you think you'll need]
4. make sure you've got the proper gear [loud amp, pa, yadda]
5. start with covers...it will help you get a feel of playing with each other [no pun intended]
6. have a good time
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
dont start one yet not at one year unless
1. your some kind of guitar prodigy
2. you want to embarass yourself and the others in your band
ive been playing a little over a year and i aint even thinking about starting a band but if you really want to embarass yourslef post an ad in the newspaper
^ not sure i agree wt that logic. u can be in a band and not play to public until ur ready, and in the meantime, playing with a group speeds up ur learning.

finding band mates can be tough. school, local music shops, local music classifieds. or make ur friends take up an instrument.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
find a drummer and "JAM" and have fun!!!

Don't worry about making an ass of yourself... it for fun and you're young.

K.I.S.S

(Keep It Simple Stupid
Quote by that1l)ude
dont start one yet not at one year unless
1. your some kind of guitar prodigy
2. you want to embarass yourself and the others in your band
ive been playing a little over a year and i aint even thinking about starting a band but if you really want to embarass yourslef post an ad in the newspaper

if anything, you are very wrong, a band will help gain skill faster than playing alone all the time, and its good inspiration, i joined a band at my 8th month of playing and ive made a ton of progress, progress that i wouldnt have made as fast as i did without it.
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.