can yall explain where to solder these wires?

positive = red
negative = black

like editing my picture and reposting it would help very much = )
The Hot goes to the tip connector (the long one) and the ground goes to the sleeve connector (the short one)
Hi, I'm Peter
Yeah, it threw me off at first, too, but that's the only conclusion that makes sense when he's showing 2 speakers and a 1/4" jack.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by twelvestringtex
but you don't just hook up to speakers, there's got to be an amp.

Yeah obviously im wiring my old amp into a cabinet( i already took the speakers away from the amp) . Its a cabinet beacuse i bought a head with no cabinet

but now thanks people (excluding the smartasses) i got it to work
Quote by Dirk Gently
I think he's making a 2x12 cab. Hence the 1/4" jack.

Im not supposed to use 1/4 jacks for cabinet speakers?!?!?!??!?!
Quote by llanafreak44

but now thanks people (excluding the smartasses) i got it to work

ya, i kinda deserved that (understatement)

i've not seen many cabs, but i think what he was getting at is that 1/4" IS used for cabs.

makes things easier while traveling i assume.
oh ok good i was thiking oh **** 10 houts of reasearching for that. ( i say ten hours because every website ive been to never gave a clear answer of where to solder it) but i got it and it works so thanks homies
well i have this electricity meter thing (i have no idea what its called) but it says that the ring is in the same connection as one of those little sleeves, beacause when i toucch the ring and the sleeve, is beeps so the are on the same path , amirite?
yeah thats it, anyways is it possible to hook up 3 speakers? two 8 ohms and one 4 ohm? sounds kinda weired but is it possible?
yeah, hook up the 8 ohms in parallel, and the 4 ohms in series, you'll get a 8 ohm cab
Quote by greenbox
yeah, hook up the 8 ohms in parallel, and the 4 ohms in series, you'll get a 8 ohm cab

excellent, but nah i dont feel like doing it

but wow.
are you thinking 1x15 2x12?
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
On a stereo jack with a mono cable the sleeve and ring will short.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by llanafreak44
Do guitar wires work for connecting speakers and heads well?

If you're connecting Head - Cabinet, yeah, you can use a regular guitar/instrument cable. Although, there are some that suggest that using thicker, shielded cables give you the least amount of signal loss.
Quote by llanafreak44
yeah thats it, anyways is it possible to hook up 3 speakers? two 8 ohms and one 4 ohm? sounds kinda weired but is it possible?

this is why i asked

and yes its possible to use guitar cables to connect cabs to rigs, but actual speaker cables are "reccomended", but really make no difference until you have hundreds of watts running to multiple cabs
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
ARGH no!! Don't use regular guitar cables, they'll burn up!!

Use proper speaker cables trust me, if you use guitar cables the result will be unpleasant (a home fire of somekind... :S)