A while back I purchased an Ibanez starter kit. The amp and cord were pretty horrible, so I upgraded from that, but the guitar itself is pretty good, atleast in my perspective. The only thing it's lacking that I want is a tremelo bar. I can see where on the bridge it goes, but I have a few questions. What do I need to buy along with a tremelo bar in order to install it into my guitar? Can anyone point me in the right direction or what kind of tremelo bar to get, any help would be great.. Basically im looking to gather as much information about tremelo bars and the installation as possible. Thanks for the help
What you want is a floating bridge. This will probably cost you around 150-200 dollars, and will require you to route your guitar's body. (Some, like Kahlers, require less routing, but you'll still have to take the tools to your guitar's body). So ask yourself, is your starter pack guitar really worth it? There's a lot more to it than just sticking a bar to your bridge...if that's you meant. If you want to go with it, an OFR (Original Floyd Rose) should be a pretty safe bet.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
i'll see if I can grab a picture.. if its going to cost 150-200, I might just buy a new guitar with one alread in it. I've had this guitar for about a year, and since its a starter guitar it might be time to move up to something new. AND in that case, any suggestions for a good $200-350 guitar, tremelo bar included?
If your bridge has a hole in it with threads(where your picking hand goes), tremelo arm will simply screw in. go to music store to get one if you can. If the bridge doesn't have a hole in it for the tremelo(likely since it didn't come with your guitar pkg), then you'll have to change the bridge entirely. the hole for the tremelo will be slightly smaller than a pencil in diameter.
there is definently a hole on the bridge, slightler smaller than a pencil as you described. Its funny, i was looking for the start pack that i purchased a year ago and I found one similar, but in the pictures its the same guitar but with an arm. I might just have to go out and buy an arm . theres a picture of the same guitar i have here http://www.playbackcd.com/images/IbanezGioStratBlk.JPG, but you cant really see the bridge too well.

That makes things simpler. All you need is an arm that will fit the socket. If you can't find and order the part you need, just take the guitar to a store and ask them for help. They'll have one. And it should cost you close to nothing.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
kinda bugs me that there wasnt one with the kit.. actually there might have been, but I have no idea where it would be now roughly a year later XD.. Do the arm's vary? Like do I need to find an Ibanez tremolo arm, or will any standard arm work? thanks all for the help