i know right when u get new strings they sound fantastic when played acousticly (no amp). But i cant really tell much different through the amp. Have you guys noticed some very ovious improvements through an amp after a string change?
P.S Brendie
Making it on my own
new strings sound brighter
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
yes, definately
PRS Custom 24
Rivera KnuckleHead 55
Budda SuperDrive 30
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Teleprompters
i dont like the sound of D'Addarios acoustically when i first put them on, they sound to bright and metallic or almost springy, its hard to describe but im a GHS Boomer man now and they sound great when first put on and last a long time

Agree'd. I love GHS Boomers, but I've been using D'Addario's lately, just so I can play a little faster. I was using .56 Boomers, but I moved down to .52 or .5 D'Addario's. I like them so far. I don't notice much tone difference.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
yes.

I changed from ernie ball stainless steels to rotosounds recently, and the rotos were a lot warmer sounding. It definitely was noticeable through the amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes its noticable, but personally, i hate new string's sound, its like....really twangy and ... new... And the feel is also different and not smooth.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I always try to keep my strings resonably new. Yes, to me they do sound better (ideally one day old, played in). It's getting difficult now as its almost summer and its getting humid, so strings lose their "freashness" quicker.

I play gigs with day old D'Addario's without fail. Not only does it sound better, new strings are less liable to snap.
yes and exactly the same scenario as Dave_Mc
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by Dave_Mc
yes.

I changed from ernie ball stainless steels to rotosounds recently, and the rotos were a lot warmer sounding. It definitely was noticeable through the amp.

Why the hell were you playing Stainless steels in the first place? That should be made a sin (especially through an ENGL...)

And: between brands the sound difference isn't HUGE (IE you couldn't turn a **** sounding guitar into a beautiful sounding guitar.) But it is noticable, changing between gauges of string makes a noticable effect too..

I now use 13-56 Thomastik bebops with a wound third tuned to A440.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by power freak
Why the hell were you playing Stainless steels in the first place? That should be made a sin (especially through an ENGL...)

And: between brands the sound difference isn't HUGE (IE you couldn't turn a **** sounding guitar into a beautiful sounding guitar.) But it is noticable, changing between gauges of string makes a noticable effect too..

I now use 13-56 Thomastik bebops with a wound third tuned to A440.

I wanted to see what the stainless ones were like. meh, they didn't seem to have any advantages (over the non-stainless ones), other than being a bit brighter. (oh, and the savage se is a lot smoother/less trebly than the other high gain engls. or at least, i have it dialled that way.)

i thought it was a pretty noticeable difference between the EB stainless and the rotos (i mean, i could do with tweaking my amp, so it's noticeable, without perhaps being huge). Of course, that's to be expected since the EB's were stainless and the rotos aren't.

Anyway, I think I like the rotos more, if I can get the amp tweaked to get rid of the mud that they introduced (i had the engl tweaked to get rid of most of the treble with the EB's). They seem to have better tone (but then again, I think I like warm over bright). And good harmonics, considering the warmth of the tone. The EB's seem to have better harmonics, but that's because they're so much brighter- if the EB's were the same tone as the rotos, they'd have less harmonics than the rotos, if you know what I mean.

Still, i have DR's, d'addario, and GHS to try, when I get round to it (i have them, but i haven't strung them up yet). And i meant to order dean markley too, but I forgot.

And stop using 13's, lewis, you big wuss, use pink-packaged 9's like a real man like me!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?