anyone have this? i know that its in Tom Delonge's guitar but i want to see if anyone hear has any good things to say about it.
I think the Dirty Fingers is for semi-hollow body guitars because thats what tom's Gibson is, a semi-hollow.He uses a Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader in his Fenders.But I think the Dirty Fingers is wound specially to reduce/prevent the feedback and noise that come with semi-hollows when they're overdriven/distorted.But I could be wrong,I'll check it out to confirm.
The Gibson Dirty Fingers Humbucker is the pickup so loud it refused to be silenced. The Dirty Fingers humbucker has returned after a 20-year absence to once again deliver the critical union between power and dirt. These Gibson bridge-only pickups are extreme-output units designed for more of everything. Much more clarity with way more volume than a traditional humbucker and an incredible, aggressive, wide response. The Gibson Dirty Fingers pickup comes with a 4-conductor lead and is wax potted to eliminate unwanted microphonic feedback.

Gibson Dirty Fingers Humbucker Pickup Features:

Bridge-only
Extreme-output
More clarity
More volume
Aggressive, wide response
4-conductor lead
Wax potted

I copy/pasted this from MF.
Quote by LordOfTeMohawks
I think the Dirty Fingers is for semi-hollow body guitars because thats what tom's Gibson is, a semi-hollow.He uses a Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invader in his Fenders.But I think the Dirty Fingers is wound specially to reduce/prevent the feedback and noise that come with semi-hollows when they're overdriven/distorted.But I could be wrong,I'll check it out to confirm.

The Dirty Fingers pickup is not for semi-hollows (exclusively). That dude just happened to pop them into one. I believe they were first used in the Flying V but the sound was too hot for the styles of the time period. It's just an overwound bridge humbucker. Too expensive for what it is. From the specs it looks like it would be pretty muddy too.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free