I'm having trouble with my guitar output jack the sound cuts in and out. It's not the cord because I've tried different ones, how can I fix this? It's a Pacifica if that makes a difference.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
It's probably the wires on the inside.

Simple electrical stuff. It can probably be done on your own.

Hopefully it's not the wire, and it's just the soddered connection. You have to take the output jack out and just resodder the wire on.

If that's too complicated to understand, it's not too expensive to take it somewhere and have it done professionally. I think places like Guitar Center will do it.
Shine on diamond eyes.
Could be the jack itself, but i highly doubt it. check the soldering, cause it could be loose. my jack wouldnt hold the cord in, so i just bent the piece of metal forward that holds in the cord. its simple stuff like that. just gotta play with it a little.
Open out the jack, and you will probably see that the connection isnt proper. Based on pic. below (left), you should resolder you wire and make sure that it isnt touching each other, insulation tapes always help. Tighten the screw so that it wont be loose anymore and insert the output jack so that you can adjust the screw properly, so the tip and shield properly meets the hot.

"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic

check if both wires are still on. and never hand tighten a jack. always take it out and tighten it or u loosen the wires.

madpick i like that picture. its a good way of explaining the + and - lugs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thx, i'd happily give license for you to distribute it if you want
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
awesome.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yep sounds like one your wires is going loose, i have that problem on my epi and am just to lazy to fix it
its a common pacifica problem i fixed mine by resoldering and putting a les paul style input jack plate on, and ive never looked back