ok heres the deal. im looking at either a LTD deluxe H-1000(amber sunburst with the Saymours) or a Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition. now i play heavy tunes. shadows fall, lamb of god, children of bodom, all that remains, darkest hour and so on so i want something that will push me in that areas of tonality, not to mention playability. any help would be greatly appreciated.
well, if you're buying it on musicians friend, I'd say go with the Schecter C-1 cause they both have great tone and easy access to the higher frets, but they C-1 is at a hell of a lot better price than the LTD.

besides, the color is pretty bitchin'
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
I vote that you get the cheaper one, and get a set of bareknuckle miracle man pickups to put in it...best £170 ($320) you've ever spent
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
i'd take the ltd, i just happen to like their feel more. but if money's a problem get the schecter (if its cheaper, seems so)
If you're willing to pay 800 on the ESP, why don't you get a Schecter C-1 Classic?

Wouldn't you rather have EMGs for the music that you play?

C-1 Hellraiser
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
psst.....tone comes from amp
Are you trying to say that the guitar makes no difference to the tone you get?...So if you played a Telecaster and an Ibanez RG through the same amp on the same settings you think they'd sound identical? Somehow i don't think so...

Admittedly the amp does make a huge difference to the sound produced at the end, but considering the amp is gonna be the same whichever of these guitars he gets and therefore doesn't qualify as a variable...And it's a well known fact that changing the pickups on a guitar have a huge impact on tone, and can often make a cheap guitar sound better than a more expensive guitar.

And by this reckoning, i suggest that if he would be happy with the playability of either guitar, then the best thing to do would be to buy the cheaper of the two and put some bare knuckle pickups in it.

deg0ey
Quote by deg0ey
Are you trying to say that the guitar makes no difference to the tone you get?...So if you played a Telecaster and an Ibanez RG through the same amp on the same settings you think they'd sound identical? Somehow i don't think so...

Admittedly the amp does make a huge difference to the sound produced at the end, but considering the amp is gonna be the same whichever of these guitars he gets and therefore doesn't qualify as a variable...And it's a well known fact that changing the pickups on a guitar have a huge impact on tone, and can often make a cheap guitar sound better than a more expensive guitar.

And by this reckoning, i suggest that if he would be happy with the playability of either guitar, then the best thing to do would be to buy the cheaper of the two and put some bare knuckle pickups in it.

well i though everyone knew that most of your tone comes from your amp. yes true having good pickups through a cheap guitar would dramatically change its sound
it does have an impact, but the amp is what the tone is based on. guitar wood and the way the neck is attached has an impact on tone aswell (deepness of the tone, sustain etc). pickups have more impact on tone than the guitar itself actually.
Yes, my point exactly...so if he's not upgrading his amp then why spend the extra money on the more expensive guitar - unless it's for other reason's such as playability or whatever

I've never played either guitar, i'm just making suggestions here

deg0ey
money is no option. im not purchasing the LTD from a dealer but from a friend. the prices is 500 from either of them. so if the prices is equal, what guitar?
by the way im playing through a randall rg200 half stack so im not finding a need to upgrade my amp. thanks
If you can get the ESP for the same price as the Artist, you might as well go for it
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.