The most original thing I can think of is harmonics over the pickups.
Anyone got any ideas they'd like to share?
Well I never looked this up but I tried barring frets and picking above that fret (probably already a technique although I don't know how usefull it would be)
Quote by jimtaka
i'd say your guitar is out of tune, or you are accidentally muting strings that you aren't trying to, or your right hand isn't strumming at the same time that your left hand is fretting, or you could be reading the tab upside down...
Yeah, lightly tap the back of the neck and you get kind of a 'storm is coming' kind of sound. Do it right before you play any metal song and it will sound rather kickass.

EDIT : Works way better with distortion and no noise gate
Well i play a bit of slide guitar with 3 thimbles used for sewing on my fingers. Has a unique kind of sound to it, but im not really sure that is a new technique? its more of an exaggeration on an existing technique. IMO original is every guitar player and how they play, picking action tone. Choice of music to play. Everyone is unique, just some people arent worth listening to lol
Quote by Cheesepuff
Yeah, lightly tap the back of the neck and you get kind of a 'storm is coming' kind of sound. Do it right before you play any metal song and it will sound rather kickass.

That's a technique kurt cobain used
Oh sometimes i grab my guitar by the cable and spin it around my head saying
"BABY BABY BAYYYBEH!"

Then let it fly through a window.
Quote by blucrave
Well i play a bit of slide guitar with 3 thimbles used for sewing on my fingers. Has a unique kind of sound to it, but im not really sure that is a new technique? its more of an exaggeration on an existing technique. IMO original is every guitar player and how they play, picking action tone. Choice of music to play. Everyone is unique, just some people arent worth listening to lol

that actualy sounds pretty good i may have to try out that thimbles idea
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Police Chief
Oh sometimes i grab my guitar by the cable and spin it around my head saying
"BABY BABY BAYYYBEH!"

Then let it fly through a window.

And land on Mick Jaggers desk?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yes; while fretting a guitar, put another finger on top of the fret itself, it will sound kinda like a fretless guitar.
-(Only applicable to floyd rose type bridge with string lockers)-

While strumming a power chord, lots of distortion, quickly grab an allen wrench, a.k.a. hex wrench, and quickly twist all the string lockers to let it loose. Automatically your strings will shoot forward and the bridge will sink. Do this to all strings, with up-pull added effect. This is called, - The ****ing Destroyer-
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by R_H_C_P
And land on Mick Jaggers desk?

Then he shouts, "SIMPSONNN" at me for some odd reason...
i found it pretty cool if you blow on the strings near the pickups, dont fret any notes, and it comes out with like a harp like effect........tends to work a lot better with distortion
^Yea I've done that before too, sounds quite cool, but v quiet.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by Cheesepuff

kurt cobains technique. used on songs such as school and breed.

sorry dude :]
I was thinking the other day about doing bends with the tuners; I've never seen (or heard) it being done. I have yet to try it. It's probably gonna be a bitch to get the string back in tune perfectly.
^Lol, I've tried that, it's hard to do it in time and then tune it normally again before the next note played etc.
Don't be afraid to care"

i know i didnt invent this but what Jake E Lee used to do was detune a string while bending using the tuning pegs, then put it back in pitch after, to kinda simulate a whammy bar
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
i know i didnt invent this but what Jake E Lee used to do was detune a string while bending using the tuning pegs, then put it back in pitch after, to kinda simulate a whammy bar

That's what I was talking about.