hey everybody, i'm probably going to buy a cheap rogue bass guitar off my friend. small body, solid blue, boring to look at, right? so i want to have some fun with it either with stickers or some other kind of cheap decoration. you've all seen the occasional guitarist who will wrap his guitar in duct tape or cover it with stickers or whatever, right? even eddie van halen designed his own paint job. so does anyone have any suggestions to perk up a cheap bass with using just everyday household materials or something cheap from a crafts store? my current idea is to wrap it in red shag carpeting
glue a dead cat to the front.

Seriously, this is really lame.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It's not lame, he just wants to be different.

And I'd say go with the shag As long as it doesn't get too close to the strings to touch then it should be fine.
I second rabigguitarist's idea, or glue a dead dog to the front, it is more dramatic.

SLAP MY TITS!
for your shag carpet idea, put i on and take and electric shaver, and shave around the edge of the pickguard so that the carpetting doesnt touch the strings, red or lime green would make the bass perfect, even tho its a rouge
Last edited by Schecter-06 at Jun 7, 2006,
the carpet idea rules i love it

other than that, you could hang things off the headstock, like a chandelier
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Make either a doom guitar or a disco guitar

People will love it.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Quote by Hypnot1st
Make either a doom guitar or a disco guitar

People will love it.

OOH OOH

put one of those cheap battery powered rotating disco balls onto it

Quote by metaldud536

ya, other idea would to glue tons of small pieces of glass on your guitar, and make a disco ball guitar...

for the rug guitar... i would strip the finish, and then cut out a piece of ruff in the shape of your guitar, and glue it on....
or you could make a rug mit for your guitar, and simply slip your guitar in the rug mit, and zip it up...(if your planning on having a zipper on it
Quote by zeppelin68

or you could make a rug mit for your guitar, and simply slip your guitar in the rug mit, and zip it up...(if your planning on having a zipper on it

Quote by metaldud536

Rather than shag carpeting, most fabric stores have fur fabric. I think that'd be much better!
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
For anyone who playes KoL... Disco Banjo!!1!
or you could crome plate it
if you did do that disco ball guitar thing.. you live show would be amazing...

get a bunch of lazers pointing at your guitar, and WHOA you got your self a show

hopefully no one would go blind from that, and if they do, i never told you to make a disco ball guitar
the shag would be an awesome idea. i had that idea once but it was for a board. no problem with it, if you think you won't dig it much later, make it as a cover. add velcro to your guitar and when you have the feel for it, the shag could be a guitar jacket. velcro used so that it won't sag off the front.

other idea, you could just duct tape the whole thing. or glue those sock puppet eyes everywhere.
if you have asthma or anything, i wouldnt recommend on doing it... because your guitar is going to be accumulating tons of dust with that shag on it
Quote by zeppelin68
if you have asthma or anything, i wouldnt recommend on doing it... because your guitar is going to be accumulating tons of dust with that shag on it

hmm indeed it would. another reason my detachable guitar shag jacket is a good idea.
^, a detachable would be the best, you can wash it once it gets to0 dirty...

that shag is pretty cool though, like i should see someone dusting there house with something like that... but then accidently mash over the fine china, or smash the tv up
if u do the fur do a search on here a guy had his covered in pink, and he told how to do it so u can take it off and wash it if needed. also no damage to the guitar.

but sounds cool u could make a strap too
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
I second the Disco Ball!

get it like that! you can get little square mirror pieces at any arts/crafts store.
Gear:
Ibanez GRX40
Ibanez GSR200
Givson Jazz Acoustic
Marshall MG15DFX
Ibanez BSA10
Boss MT-2
Boss CS-3
Boss TR-2
Akai Variwah
Ibanez Paul Gilbert Picks
Ernie Ball Cables
Ibanez Cables
D'addario .9s (forever)
just be careful when you grout in the mirrors.....god that would hurt
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
Quote by zeppelin68
ya, other idea would to glue tons of small pieces of glass on your guitar, and make a disco ball guitar...

The reason that looks cool on a disco ball is because of the constant curve of the sphere's surface. you wouldn't get the effect on a (nearly) flat surface

EDIT: Just saw that Ibeen-had. Might work after all
it would, because there would be no way to get each piece to lay flat with the others, so each piece would be at a different angle...just like a disco ball
The disco ball is at a different angle b/c of the curve of the ball, that's what i meant.
Haha I love you guys, I'm glad this thread is going so well. Fur fabric, yes, that's the word I was looking for. That would work great. I probably will try to make a guitar glove, with either a zipper or velcro (yes i do know how to sew) and leave holes for the pickups, bridge, etc. I would add fur to the headstock (attached with velcro) too, to match the body. Very good point in that it should be removable for washing: I definitely don't want to have to vaccuum my bass! I must admit I do like the disco ball guitar. That's a freaking awesome idea. But I'll probably go for the fur, either in red, lime green, or hot pink. Funkalicious.
screw that, i would definately just glue it down with some basic glue. if it gets grungy screw it, rip it off and do it again...

i say do the rhinestone thing like Bootsy
I would go with the little mirrors idea, but only if you have some gloves and are sure you won't drop it anytime soon. Other than that I think a splatter paint design would look good.

It's easy to do and I could even help you pull it off, I've got some old paints in my blue locker.
sequins fake jewelry and a giant michael jackson sticker ! but shave off your pubes and glue them on his face to give him facial hair.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
muffin, take michael jackson out of that.....its embarrassing...lol, yea the beter idea is to make the zipper one, then you can make more then one of the guitar sleeves, in more clorors than one, whoever suggested that idea, i think you should patent that and sell em, in all different styles.....its a really good idea, id buy one
hey n00bs the whole fur / shag carpet thing was already a thread
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by Schecter-06
muffin, take michael jackson out of that.....its embarrassing...lol, yea the beter idea is to make the zipper one, then you can make more then one of the guitar sleeves, in more clorors than one, whoever suggested that idea, i think you should patent that and sell em, in all different styles.....its a really good idea, id buy one

dang then no one better do that. my idea fools. next time you see it. it'll have a patent slapped on it.
take some tissue paper, dip in bright paint and throw it at your guitar, so you get these colourful splodges on it. It looks cool and it's fun to do! I've always wanted to do that. You could paint a target on a throw them.

If you don't like that, then do what ZZ top did:
Sounds cool, it could easily go wrong, i would of just said to sand the paint off and give it a new paint job, or just sand a bit of paint off and put a logo there (thats what i'm going to do with my squier strat)
If you carpet the guitar you should try to find a little pimp hat to put on top of the headstock.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
If you carpet the guitar you should try to find a little pimp hat to put on top of the headstock.

Do the shag carpeting, shave it around the pickguard, and use spray adhesive from an autoparts store to put it on.