the exams are drawing to a close, boredom is setting in so me and a friend are going to customize a POS no name strat into a psychadelia machine. Even though im a rock musician and my friends a folk musician. It all adds to the fun.

What we plan to do:

• new strings - rather obviously
  • white paint & clear coat
  • gold humbuckers...
  • white pickguard
  • relicing it, of course...

And eventually with re-wiring and the like we hope to get it going. Indeed, we plan to make it look like a concution of the following:

And we may well put a harmonica and tassles on it, at the folk ones request...
How about you make it similar to Hendrix's Monterey strat? You already have the red basecoat...
^Good idea, or you could make it similar to George Harrison's Strat, or maybe Clappers' SG, or a mixture of all 3?
Now that would be cool.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah, the original idea originated from the montrery strat, but we want to make this just kinda like crazy. We're going to put tassles and a harmonica on it for gods sake!

i'll look into those two guitars you mentioned, cheers for the input.

Does anyone know an english sight where we can buy an HH strat pickguard?
a starfire was my first guitar..
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side

more random paintjobs which may influence us in the end.

and if we were to paint the pickguardl, would we clearcoat it to keep it intact?
Last edited by thesumoftwo at Jun 6, 2006,
to fronk, or anyone else for that mater, do you know if this guitar is swimming pool or just plain SSS routing? i cant be arsed to take the pickguard off and find out
Quote by thesumoftwo
to fronk, or anyone else for that mater, do you know if this guitar is swimming pool or just plain SSS routing? i cant be arsed to take the pickguard off and find out

My one at least is SSS
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
The one with the naked dude is a little creepy but aside from that if you leave him off your guitar it sounds pretty cool. And usually most cheap guitars have the swimming pool route, at least in my findings.

a random picture, constructed mostly in paint, just some random scribbles for prospective ideas, I must consult my mate before i get too in depth though.
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
guitar swirling sounds sexy, i'd do that with my strat copy if i didn't already have plans for it.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
ah, but thats the beauty of this guitar, it is like no other, it follows no rules and is going to be 100% original, we plan to replace the flowers etc. i put on just then with hindu writing saying words such as "Love" and "Rock" etc. and then the relic just adds to the originality, it gives it that hendrix/clapton finale kinda thing.