I think I'm gonna go into the store and audition fat strats (Standards)
I think I really want that humbucker option

plus, I really don't like the bridge PU on my Strat, will eventually get an American Strat as well...

any reason why I SHOULDNT?
ull lose a lot of money if u try to trade in.
if u want a humbucker n the bridge, u can order one in a store and have them install it. it would be cheaper, and u could get the model pickup u want.

or u can put it in urself and save even more money.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
its all a preference of sound. If they direct exchange youll be fine.

i dont like the stock humbuckers on a fat strat.. they seem to be weaker than the regular strat without the bite. But if you like it run with it.
Just put a humbucker you want into your guitar at the moment, easy-ish to do, you'll need a new pickguard though,

But that's blasphemy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by jj1565
ull lose a lot of money if u try to trade in.
if u want a humbucker n the bridge, u can order one in a store and have them install it. it would be cheaper, and u could get the model pickup u want.

or u can put it in urself and save even more money.

No I'm getting a full refund
I need to exchange the guitar anyway
if you are getting a full refund, then go for it.
otherwise your strat should be routed for a humbucker and all you would need is a new (or cut your existing) pickguard and install a humbucker.
the mexican humbuckers are nothing to write home about, however it is an excellent guitar if you swap it out for something else, preferably something hot.
Quote by R_H_C_P

But that's blasphemy.

I agree. I hardly ever use the bridge pickup on my strat; but it's essential for the in-between sound together with the middle pickup.
I'm not really into distortion, I just like the higher output, bigger sustain kinda thing

I was also thinking about getting another Standard and putting a hot rails type humbucker in the bridge
I have a fat strat and the stock pickups are nothing special, but not too shabby. I replaced them soon after the purchase with a SD JB and two Fender Noiseless single coils. That was a real nice upgrade. It plays and sounds great, so I don't even think about ever wanting an American one!
You could always audition some superstrats.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
best thing for me to do is try em first, of course

I think it's like hey if I'm not gonna use the bridge, and will eventually have another Strat.. I might as well get a humbucker for some cool alternate sounds/songs so I can explore what I like..

will Dimarzio's like the Evolutions fit the Fat Strat?
I'm thinking of getting the Fat Strat and adding a Dimarzio Evolution DP159, any compatibility issues or is it a straight drop in?
You should get a coil split switch too incase you ever want a single coil sound in the bridge.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
Get a single coil sized bucker in the bridge and keep the old pickup. That way you can get the bite and fatness of a bucker without devaluing your guitar because you can just fit the old pickup back in. Providing you go a good job of wiring it.
if tis a MIM strat, dont worry about devaluing it.

try a humbucker bridge, if u like it, and play metal or heavy rock, then swap for it.
cause mini buckers sound like hot singles.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

think i'm gonna go with dimarzio evolutions

is there any special procedures I have to do to install them (drill new holes?)
i thought u said u can trade in the guitar?

if u can then do that because if u put a humbucker in a guitar slotted for three single coils, u need to buy a new pickguard to get the bigger hole.

other than the pickguard, both guitars should be the same.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
i thought u said u can trade in the guitar?

if u can then do that because if u put a humbucker in a guitar slotted for three single coils, u need to buy a new pickguard to get the bigger hole.

other than the pickguard, both guitars should be the same.

no?

I'm sending the current SSS Strat back to the website I bought it from and gonna go into the store and buy one.. that's what I meant
Quote by amazingdm
No I'm getting a full refund
I need to exchange the guitar anyway

LAf, ok im confused, but if u want to put a humbucker in a SSS strat then just look under the guard first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I know, but now I'm thinking of just going to a Fat Strat to begin with to avoid all that
yeah if ur going to do that then yes, thats what i meant by "trading it in."
and that would be a simple solution.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62