how long would a fretboard decal last for with little bending?

i'm thinking of going to my sign shop to get some fretboard stickers/decals
for my Parker P-42 and acoustic.

thanks
....Why?

They probably wouldn't last that long.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
the reason being is i dont want to spend alot on custom inlay job that'll cost more than the guitars worth, thats why.

how about fine plastic?
its probably going to look bad, and its going to wear out fast, no matter what material it is, its just not worth it, leave your fretboard as it is
Yeah, doesn't last too long. Residue is messy to clean up. I tried it on a Mexican acoustic of mine, didn't work all that great.
NVM, it's been removed... tx for not clicking it. ^_^
Last edited by WickedBeast666 at Feb 10, 2008,
If your guitars have jumbo frets they will last forever. With jumbo frets the strings shouldn't be touching the fretboard at all.
My old guitar teacher had this crazy guitar he'd had forever that was covered in stickers and pictures and autographs. It was actually nice because he'd done it properly. On the fretboard all the inlays were covered with like little kids stickers and hollofoils and stuff. He had like a very thin layer of epoxy over them so they actually lasted quite good.

/food for thought
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Yeah, maybe apply the stickers then rub a layer or two of clearcoat over the stickers. Tell me how it works out.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Quote by eXperiment63
If your guitars have jumbo frets they will last forever. With jumbo frets the strings shouldn't be touching the fretboard at all.

WOW that's a new one, never touch the fret board.
How tall do you think jumbo frets are??
You do realize that you aren't supposed to grip a guitar like an ape, correct? You are only supposed to apply enough pressure to fret the note, which you can do with your nose. My guitar has medium-jumbo frets and very rarely do I ever touch the fretboard while fretting a note.
Quote by eXperiment63
You do realize that you aren't supposed to grip a guitar like an ape, correct? You are only supposed to apply enough pressure to fret the note, which you can do with your nose. My guitar has medium-jumbo frets and very rarely do I ever touch the fretboard while fretting a note.

I grip my guitar like an ape. That's because my frets are so worn down they barely work. My main axe is so ghetto
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money