ENGL
Framus
Bogner
Dieziel
VHT
Randall
Rivera

and which would pe the mest modle from that brand
it really does depend what type of sounding metal you want because they are all voiced slightly differently, you cant really say that there is one definitive amp for metal
well if Nu-metal is your thing then pretty much any of them will do, to me its not hard to gain a nu-metal tone from a high gain amp....erm i know wes borland from limb bizkit uses diezel VH-4's in the studio and mesa boogie triple recto's live.......but then a limb bizkit tone isnt really much to go by
for a low price but awsome nu metal tone get the Ashdown Fallen Angel. that is what i have! LOVE IT!
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
mesa boogir triple rectifier would be what I'd have for any kind of metal really, some1 i know has 1 and i love it
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Well if you want a nu-metal tone, just go solid state *puts on flame suit*. Other than that, it's all personal preference.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
For nu metal, Mesa would be a good choice, these nu metal dudes love mesa.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
Yea Nu-Metal isn't really that hard of a tone to get. Don't get a triple recto period. Unless you're playing stadiums 150 all tube is like kill small children, I would only get the sinlge if you got a mesa 50 watts is fine.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
for overall metal get an mesa recto but for a good nu metal amp get the ashdown!
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
KRANK KRANKENSTIEN..... I tell ya.. if i had the money that amp would be in my room right now.. MESA BOGGIE MARK IV.. Another excellant metal amp.. But theres a problem with these two amps.. There too god damn expensive.. Thats why i have a B-52 AT 100.. Because it is based off the two.. Randalls are good too.. But really, like what these guys said above me, it depends and what kind of a metal sound you want, and how much money your willing to dish out..
Chase R. Wilson

Scecter Damien 6

Randall RH200 G2 200 Watt (practice)

B-52 AT-100 w/ Tri-Mode Rectifier

Custom cab w/ 4 12'' Eminence Texas Heat 16's

Korg Toneworks AX1500G

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
The Mark IV isn't a nu metal amp. Reason: It sounds good. A Line 6 Spider is perfect for nu metal.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by EmoSlayer666
KRANK KRANKENSTIEN..... I tell ya.. if i had the money that amp would be in my room right now.. MESA BOGGIE MARK IV.. Another excellant metal amp.. But theres a problem with these two amps.. There too god damn expensive.. Thats why i have a B-52 AT 100.. Because it is based off the two.. Randalls are good too.. But really, like what these guys said above me, it depends and what kind of a metal sound you want, and how much money your willing to dish out..

Jeez, man, stop saying that, it ain't true.
emoslayer: you're an idiot. i've never seen an amp thats more of a rip off of a tripple recto than that amp. the XXX comes close ( ), but not quite.

this thread is pointless....

threadstarter, read the stickies and do some reasearch, then come back to us with a thread worth our time.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
if you want to have a good metal tone you have several choices. you want a sound that has thick distortion, but is very tonal, and not buzzy. two really great choices are Krank (which is what most metal bands use) and Line 6 (also commonly used). then you have the choice of tube or solid state. i would recommend solid state, tube is better, but it is a pain to take care of. tubes are extremely fragile and they are not consistant sounding, meaning that they WILL sound different because of temperature, humididty, and many other things like that. the thing about solid is that it is depend-able, and consistant. you can drop a solid state head down stairs and it will still sound the same. so look at good solid state LIne 6 heads, and Krank tube heads. both will usually be about 1000-1500 dollars. but its all about personal prefrence, so this is my opinion, you will all have your own.
maby try one of the new VOX AD valvetronics. i got one other day and there is a setting based on a nu metal amp. the whole amp is bassed on other amps so theres plenty to choose from. and there pretty cheap! where can you go wronge?!?
-chris-
hey go for the mesa sthilleto trident or the deizel vh-4 these amps i think will give the best nu- metal tone.
^ that's just stupid. oh lets ****ing bash nu-metal. why nu-metal artists may not be as good in your opinion. they use the same ****ing gear as tr00 metal bands, or hard rock or what ever the **** you wana say uses that certian amp.

guess what, everybody says nu-metal tone sucks? THE AMPS THEY USED THE MOST ARE THE ONES HALF THE PEOPLE HERE ****ING DROOL OVER.

theres a zillion threads about recto's and everybody is like ZOMG MESA DUAL RECTO! then the same guys are funking bashing on nu-metal tone. well guess what, a lot of nu-metal bands use what? survey says a ****ing dual recto.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

^ damn dude... im not even bashing nu-metal, im simply saying that in terms of tone, the amp doesn't make too big a difference because it sounds like they just turn all the knobs all the way up. i have nothing against nu-metal, or the amps they use, but in terms of tone there isn't a numetal band that can compete with a good rock or blues tone... and in my opinion even most metal or punk bands have a better tone.
Quote by freedumb
^ damn dude... im not even bashing nu-metal, im simply saying that in terms of tone, the amp doesn't make too big a difference because it sounds like they just turn all the knobs all the way up. i have nothing against nu-metal, or the amps they use, but in terms of tone there isn't a numetal band that can compete with a good rock or blues tone... and in my opinion even most metal or punk bands have a better tone.

that, in its entirity, was not directed at you. just something i've seen a lot of lately. but you did say that in a very sarcastic and obnoxious way.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

I'll openly admit to hating numetal, whether in the vein of Slipknot or Limp Suckit
Hi, I'm Peter
ok?

i was saying these kids bash the nu-metal tone. guess what, nu metal bands use
marshall
diezel
MESA
rivera
randall

pretty much what we suggest as being good on this board. mesa and diezl are the ones i'm particulary ticked about, because whenever some one mentions one the next ten posts are zomg mesa/diezel i want one! then they go and bash the tone of bands that use them.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

^ 2nd

Tone is subjective so just because you don't like it doesn't mean the artist/fan doesn't. Yea ALOT of numetal uses AMAZING gear that the tr00 metal fans playing spiders would kill for. Take Korn for example personally I hate most of their music but they use NICE ibanez 7 strings and dual rectos.
^ exactly. and everybody goes araound hailing dual recto's but the moment nu-metal tone is brought up, everybody suggests a spyder or some ****ty amp.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Yup and really almost ALL numetal bands use great high dollar gear. Then again they probably get it for free but who know even if they don't they can afford them lol.
MG - you should get a propper crap beez in a box nu-metal tone from that i know i can >
lets just get this out there, KRANK amps suck, all the bands that endorse them use Peaveys or Dual rectos or whatever, the reason you don't see them on stage live is that they will probably loose money from krank, krank amps pay bands to show off their **** on stage. Just go to this thread and read the truth!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338404&highlight=krank+amps
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
I wouldn't call the Stiletto a nu-metal tone at all.

Far too clear, I always think of nu-metal as a bit muddy.

Though as Derek says, they use kickass gear...
Quote by Danno13

Yeah, dude from Limp Bizkit = VH-4
Quote by Danno13

i quite like mudvaynes tone on dig and determined.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

^Haven't heard it.

To be fair, when i think of nu-metal, I think Korn and Linkin park.
i think pretty much of mudvayne seeing as they're one of the ones i like. dig is gg, so is determined.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

Page 1 of 2