Rite ok sorry if this is alot im asking for but i dont have a teacher at the moment and i need help with learning lead i can do the basics well but need to know the theory like what scales to play and so on so if someone could give me a link or explain you will really help me and im sure others!
typically most lead uses the Pentatonic scale. You need to find what key a particular song is in to determine which scale to use. the key is the "central note" used in the song. dont really much more to say
Quote by cloud_x_13
typically most lead uses the Pentatonic scale. You need to find what key a particular song is in to determine which scale to use. the key is the "central note" used in the song. dont really much more to say

Ok what i was thinking was correct ok well i learnt the first two shapes for pentatonic so i will just finish them thanks
a link to the scales would be to search for "scales" here at ultimate guitar under lessons. There's tons of small posts about scales in general and basic theory! try iy out
First thing u should do is learn the minor pentatonic. But u have to learn it right. Check this lesson out:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/hopscotch_method.html
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?