hi there

i am looking for a new guitar for metal, i am looking for something with a fast neck and has a mahogany body. i don't mind about the pickups as i am changing them to Swinesheads! i play through an ashdown fallen angel if that helps, i am looking to spend about £500 or ($850)

thankyou, james
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
Schecter Hellraiser FR if you want a floyd would be ideal for metal with an OFR, Mahogany Body, comes with EMG's.
anything else. i am intreated in schecter but want to see what else there is
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
i no this is far cheaper then i said, but the cheaper the better! so, whats the ibanez RG321MH like,it ticks all the right boxes!
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
If you don't want/need a tremolo, with a pickup change like you had planned it is a very good guitar with the Wizard II neck which is fast. As long as you change the pickups and you're ok with a fixed bridge, it would be a good axe.
so if i save some cash and get the cheaper ibanez it would be still a good and playable guitar. why is it so cheap?
GEAR

Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
^^Wizard II no tremolo.

Edit: read it wrong.
Yeah Rg is good.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
The pickups aren't that good, and it is a fixed bridge, it also has a Wizard II neck not a Wizard Prestige, it's still a very playable and good guitar as long as the pickups are changed.
The Ibanez S470 is an option. It is a lightweight mahogany body with an HSH setup. The ZR trem is supposed to be good to.
The RG321mh is a great guitar for the money, with new pickups its an awesome guitar for the price. The only thing i personally dislike about the guitar is the pickups, but if your swapping them out anyway you can't go far wrong.
i'd go for ibanez SZ, ESP ec, or someting along those lines.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile