So, this summer I'm going to start mowing people's lawn to make money, and buy a kickass guitar. Since I found out that 15-20 dollars is an acceptable amount to charge for a small yard, I could make around 900 dollars in the summer If I charge 15 dollars per lawn, and do 4 lawns per week. Although I'm going to try to get as many customers I can possibly get. So I checked out warmoth, and seems like you can some pretty nice custom guitars for around what my price range will be.

But How good is their wood quality? I want to get a gibson style Flying V, but how good is their wood quality compared to gibson? Also, at warmoth they charge around 200 dollars for a paintjob on the body alone, which seems overpriced to me. Are there places where I could take an unpainted guitar and have it painted professionally for cheaper?
Warmoth woods good stuff, as for painting, do it your self. Its hard to find cheap professionals, and its easier than it looks. Check out the G,B+C forums.
Quote by slashnmash
Warmoth woods good stuff, as for painting, do it your self. Its hard to find cheap professionals, and its easier than it looks. Check out the G,B+C forums.

I'm a horible guitar painter. The guitar sitting in the corner of the living room has the worst paint job I've ever seen, and there's no way I'd paint a guitar that's going to cost about 1000 dollars.
Their wood is primo quality. There's nothing to worry about there. However, if you're going to pay that much money for a guitar, you're probably better off getting a pro to do it. And if you go to a real pro, you will pay at least $250 for a good top quality paint job, so it's probably your best bet to just get Warmoth to paint it when you order it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor