1.what is a scratch(ie. when theres stuff like this:

x
x
x
x
x
x

...in a tab)

2.im crap at strumming up. how can i get better?

thanks
why do you say it like it is not good to like rap music?

Because if you listen to too much blingage rashes start to develop around your neck and wrists, you get a rare form of touretts and start start saying "fo sho motha-fucka...

Lay your fingers across the strings without fretting a note, and strum, so it makes a raking sound.

Practice. Start with simple up and down rythyms, Down Up Down Up, while staying on beat. Then switch to more complex ones. Down Up Down Down Up Up Down Down. Make up your own! Just practice alot, take it slowly at first, you'll get better.

Tell me if that helps. Good luck, mate.
Quote by gone_fishin
1.what is a scratch(ie. when theres stuff like this:

x
x
x
x
x
x

...in a tab)

2.im crap at strumming up. how can i get better?

thanks

Well...the X's mean mute the strings and hit them, place your hand over the strings lightly (so you aren't fretting any notes) then hit them, as for the picking...you'll just have to keep at it!
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
1.place you finger(s) over the frets lightly, then strum them. it should make a click-type noise, if it plays the note then you need to hold the frets down lighter.

2.find a song with a simple strumming pattern, use a metronome (buy one or use this one, and learn it, starting slowly and build up speed

hope that helps
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
thanks guys

i just learned how to play stairway to heaven intro so im pretty hyped up about that cos its one of my favs

also, about the metronome, i actually ave one on a nintendo ds game called warioware touched

thanks again for the help
why do you say it like it is not good to like rap music?

Because if you listen to too much blingage rashes start to develop around your neck and wrists, you get a rare form of touretts and start start saying "fo sho motha-fucka...