hi guys, f-spaced pickups i know what they are and whats the difference between normal and f-spaced.. BUT there's this guy selling me a dimarzio tone zone for 30 bucks(real cheap) and the thing is that it is an f-Spaced tone zone..... so my guitar has no tremolo or floyd rose....

i called my local shop and the guy said to me that actually he recommends f-Spaced pickups for the bridge even if ur guitar doesnt have a tremolo or floyd rose....

i just want confirm this with u guys.

this is my guitar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Exotic-Electric-Gui tar?sku=513100&src=3SOSWXXA
a black one =).
thx!
Last edited by yoyoloco at Jun 6, 2006,
erm from my knowledge i dont actually think F spacing does a great deal anyway, you may wanna ahng on and hear from other people but i think it seems like a gd idea overall.....
You'll be fine with it. It's places the pole pieces SLIGHTLY more apart to compensate for a bridge's spacing v. the string spacing at the neck joint. You'll be fine.
Hi, I'm Peter
excuse me if im wrong for asking or if it counts as spam or summit, but whats F-spaced mean? it bean puzzeling me since ive been browsing new P'up's
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
F spaced just means that they've widened the spaces between the pole pieces a bit to compensate for the little bit of extra wideness that tremolo bridges have v. fixed bridges. Why it's called "F" spaced, I have no idea. But supposedly you're supposed to get more balanced string response with them, esp. with your high E string.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
F spaced just means that they've widened the spaces between the pole pieces a bit to compensate for the little bit of extra wideness that tremolo bridges have v. fixed bridges. Why it's called "F" spaced, I have no idea. But supposedly you're supposed to get more balanced string response with them, esp. with your high E string.

f spaced is for floyd spaced.

you'll be fine getting f-spaced pickups
The f means Fender. Gibson and Fender guitars have different string spacing at the bridge. A "regular-spaced" humbucker refers to Gibson spacing of the strings at the bridge. A "F-spaced" humbucker is "Fender" spacing.

I have f-spaced hums in fender axe... it sounds great. You can just slightly see difference in the alignment over the strings. It's not serious at all.
R.I.P. Dimebag!

BuildTheMusic - Join Up! Acquire The Knowledge.
yeah sure, but at the guitar store the guy asked if I had a floyd rose tremolo because if I did then I would need f-spaced pickups. :-P

btw, thanks dirk, it made me laugh
so it would not sound weird with a f-spaced pickup at the bridge in a tune-o-matic bridge guitar?. thx!
You might have some trouble fitting it through your pickguard. At least I did when trying to put it in my hard-tail. The link you gave didn't work for me.

It'll fit though.

Generally the rule is- Trem = F Spaced, hard tail = regular spaced. I think.
copy/paste the link is not complete.., and my guitar doesnt have a pickguard, but i thought the f-spaced pickups where smaller... or are they are bigger =(, now i think im in trouble...
Last edited by yoyoloco at Jun 6, 2006,