My friend is looking at buying a new amp at the moment and is looking at a marshall tsl combo but I say buy an Engl Screamer combo instead cause it's more suited. He mainly plays metal but wants nice cleans too. The metal style he likes is Trivium, Shadows Fall etc. Which amp out of those (or anything else) would suit? Say max price of around £700.
Last edited by Tubey at Jun 6, 2006,
Gotta be the marshall! i own one and i think it has really good O.D but along with that has a really smooth clean sound
i would go for the engl it has better distortion and way more depth than marshall will ever have
both those bands play marshall. . .keep that in mind
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
Quote by Flyingmojo
both those bands play marshall. . .keep that in mind

that's what i was going to say. If you have listened to SF's first album though, that may not be a good thing. There tone used to be really bad.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
When di they start using Kranks? they used marshall last year at Ozzfest. Them and trivium were the only two bands not using Krank.
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
Quote by guitarwylde03
When di they start using Kranks? they used marshall last year at Ozzfest. Them and trivium were the only two bands not using Krank.

only recently but if you look on there website it says there using them now. and in an interview in total guitar earlier this year they said there now using kranks
Last edited by darkeale at Jun 6, 2006,