I'm totaly confused, the m-400 has an alder body, duel emg 81's and a FR licenced trem, but the mh-1000 has emg 81 and 85's, mahoganny body and no trem.
The m-400 is £550 and the mh-1000 is £750, why is the mh-1000 more expensive when it lacks the trem?

Thanks for any help.

Ben

P.S

I've got about £750 ( $1390) to spend on a guitar, lookin for EMG's, fast neck, alder or mahog body, trem aint necessary but preffered, i play mainly death metal and shred, rusty cooley sorta stuff.

Any reccomendations? Thanks again.
Last edited by Hammer_smashed at Jun 6, 2006,
quality, would be guess? have you played both if you have just choose the one you want
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
These are in your price range and meet your criteria if you wanna check them out:
Schecter Hellraiser FR (about 800USD) or check out some ESP's such as the F and M series which have alder/mahogany bodies and EMG's.
M and MH are different series, man.

M, or Mirage, are alder-bodied 81-81 guitars
MH, or Horizon/Mirage, are mahogany, with 81-85.

You can get an MH400 with a trem...
yeh the mh-400 sounds awesome, not sure bout the quilted body, just wanted a black one, picky but hey, it's my money!
Know if you can get em in straight black?
You can't.

You could look ath the MH400 NT, which is a string thru- that's in trans black.
grr can't find that in the uk in straight black, all with quilted bodies, hmm.

That shecter hellraiser looks tasty.

Wait, fancy colours on that too.

Lame.
Last edited by Hammer_smashed at Jun 6, 2006,
You could always paint it later on down the road..

Or get an ESP KH-602. Trem, black, active EMGs.

Or you could use a used one, I'm pretty sure they have solid colors on the older models.. check out ebay.

Hammer Smashed Face rocks, too.
Yeh, it's the same spec as an actual esp, so i thought, why pay more for the name!?
Mahog body, emg's, thru neck, fast neck, perfect

Just have to wait for it to arrive, damnit!
Indeed.

I <3 america because Ic an get jackson/esp for cheap.. but when it comes to my amps.. ENGL (germany) is so far away

The 1000 series are KICK ASS guitars, there is no denial there. They walk all over most guitars in the price range...

As far as ESPs go, I just keep an eye out for used ones. Theres an ESP M-II custom at a pawn shop right now for $700 w/ a hard case, I might go pick it up.
Quote by Hammer_smashed
Yeh, it's the same spec as an actual esp, so i thought, why pay more for the name!?
Mahog body, emg's, thru neck, fast neck, perfect

Just have to wait for it to arrive, damnit!

I for one can tell the difference between an LTD and ESP.
Never been one for used guitars, bad experiences b4.
Maybe there are some minor differences in the LTD series, but nothing much, the specs are still awesome.
Quote by citizenerasedx
I for one can tell the difference between an LTD and ESP.

Yes, there is a difference, but not a huge one on most levels. The factory workers are less personal but all in all I'd have to say that if you're shooting between a high-end LTD and a basic ESP I'd take the LTD, unless you plan on having a custom job done.

I've never bought a piece of new gear. Ever. All of my amps, guitars, pedals, etc are used. The only thing I've bought new are strings, cables, pickups and picks...