I'm trying to find a new distortion/overdrive pedal that is pretty versatile and that can get me a sound like avenged sevenfold and also for my alternative/emo/hardcore band. I am looking at the line 6 pedals and i have three in mind:

Line 6 ToneCore Uber Metal Distortion Pedal

Line 6 ToneCore Dr. Distorto Pedal

Line 6 DM-4 Distortion Modeler Pedal

I dont know which is the best or even if these are the best kinds of pedals out there for a good distortion/overdrive sound. You can listen to them at the website. I was interested in the DM-4 Distortion Modeler Pedal until I heard that when you switch preset buttons, there is a slight drop-out in sound. So I don't know. Can you please tell me which out of these is the best for the type of sound im looking for and also if theres something better out there that you think I would like, can you tell me about it?
Go with the Uber it's my all time favourite metal pedal. You can get a lot of nice sounds if you're willing to fiddle.
Doesn't sound muddy on my amp. I've got and used a Krank pedal, metal zone, ds-1, an mxr which I havn't got a clue what it's name is and the Uber comes up top. Some people that say it's muddy don't notice the three different metal settings the pedal has and are probably using the far right setting which is muddy. The middle one is brilliant.
Last edited by Tubey at Jun 6, 2006,
yea i support the uber, just make sure it is EQ'd properly or it'll sound all muddy and nasty, plus if you're intending to use the noise gate with high gain settings......dont......i found it barely works, so im going for an ISP decimator to tighten it all up
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
yea i support the uber, just make sure it is EQ'd properly or it'll sound all muddy and nasty, plus if you're intending to use the noise gate with high gain settings......dont......i found it barely works, so im going for an ISP decimator to tighten it all up
hmmm i found the noise gate to be really good. maybe just my settings or something...
yea i dunno mine may be faulty, but it still hums like a bitch with the noise gate on max, it gets really annoying, it still happens if im away from the amp.....
lol no i dont have an MG, im using some SS laney 30 watt LX35D, i know its not the greatest in the world but it only hums when im using the pedal