I just bought it this weekend and I love it. I've listened to it a few times and its great. My question is I heard that the band gave people a bunch of questions and used their answers. Does anyone have the list of the questions? Are the answers all the talking in the end of money and stuff like that?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
they just got a lot of people in a room and got them to talk about morality and stuff. but im not entirely sure how that worked. I think they mustve just taped a hell of a lot of talking then picked the bits they wanted.
Pink Floyd handed out cards with questions such as "when was the last time you were in a fight with someone?" and "are you afraid of death?" and other such morality questions to crew, roadies and friends of the band and people in the studio at the time.
member number 2 of the "everyone likes Cream" club

Member #15 of the UG Pink Floyd Fan Club.PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
^That?s pretty much it they also got some stuff from Paul McCartney and his wife Linda but they decided not to use any of it as the voices were "too famous" and also McCartney?s answers were fairly guarded seeing as he was being asked about insanity and whatnot. But his guitarist was used "I've been mad for fucking years"
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

yeah thats all the info about it =] thank you for addin that info bodyheatseeker!
member number 2 of the "everyone likes Cream" club

Member #15 of the UG Pink Floyd Fan Club.PM TimiHendrex33 to join.
Wow, were you born yesterday or somethng, I am suprised that being in the classic rock forum, you dont have this album, well now you do. Congrats. It's a phenominal album.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
Quote by rayIII
you bought it just for the "secret song" didn't you?

No I read that afterwards

and to the guy above ray your an asshole I mean really I hadnt really ever listened to them before I was more into the Beatle, Lynyrd Skynyrnd, Dire Straits.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

Ok jeez, I wasn't serious, it's called sarcasm you dont have to be the asshole. Jeez.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
does anyone have lyrics for the backround voices?

also, what is this secret song?
^ is it that thing that says "there is no dark side of the moon matter of fact it's all dark"
Bishop of Zeppelinism - PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
Quote by guitar_freak333
Ok jeez, I wasn't serious, it's called sarcasm you dont have to be the asshole. Jeez.

Sorry, it's kinda hard to notice the sarcasm because people would actually say that literally.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

Fantastic album. Anyway, what did they do with those cards? Did they just put what they said for the lyrics in the song or something?

Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
I think its all the talking in the background, like in Money you hear people saying like "I don't remeber I was really drunk at the time" and stuff like that.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

Quote by Tenacious Me
I just bought it this weekend and I love it. I've listened to it a few times and its great. My question is I heard that the band gave people a bunch of questions and used their answers. Does anyone have the list of the questions? Are the answers all the talking in the end of money and stuff like that?

Bravo, look forward to listening to that album many more times through the course of your life as I have
I've got my Uncle's original vinyl copy... it's so much better than the cd [mainly because my record player is attached to the biggest amp you have ever seen].
Great album, hope you get many years of listening out of it.
Quote by rplb
^ is it that thing that says "there is no dark side of the moon matter of fact it's all dark"

?.
Bishop of Zeppelinism - PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by AdayTripper
If the teletubby has a vagina, I'll stick my dick in there.
Quote by Tenacious Me
I think its all the talking in the background, like in Money you hear people saying like "I don't remeber I was really drunk at the time" and stuff like that.
yeah, stuff like "I don't remember I was really drunk at the time," "short, sharp, shock," (Us and Them), "there's no Dark Side of the Moon, really...matter of fact it's all dark," "I've been mad for fucking years," "I'm not frightened of dying, any time will do. Why should I be, we've all got to go sometime..." are all responses from people that were around the studio at the time of recording. Waters had questions written down on notecards that would be shown to different people and their answers were recorded and used on the album. Some of the people interviewed were Jerry Driscoll (who was, I believe an Abbey Road doorman), Roger the Hat (a stoned roadie ...he provided the laughter heard throughout the album, I think I have the actual interview), Paul and Linda McCartney, the guitarist from Wings (I believe his name was Henry McCollough) and some others.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
i love pink floyd i have Dark Side Of The Moon but the only song i can play by pink floyd is Wish You Were Here
yo tenacious me. if you have the movie the wizard of oz put in dark side of the moon, turn the volume on the tv down and go to the part of the movie when they meet the lion. on the lions third growl/roar play the cd and then the album will play to the mood of the movie, definatly one of the most creative things any band has ever done in rock history. that is why pink floyd is so good and geniuses. it has nothing to do with your question but i think that it is something really cool to do with that album.
The Allman Brothers Band > Masturbation FanClub - PM me to join.

member of The Yes Club - PM Me or distilledspirit to join.

Grateful Dead Club - PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Ten Years After Club - PM Me or VR05 to join.
Quote by Jerry!
yo tenacious me. if you have the movie the wizard of oz put in dark side of the moon, turn the volume on the tv down and go to the part of the movie when they meet the lion. on the lions third growl/roar play the cd and then the album will play to the mood of the movie, definatly one of the most creative things any band has ever done in rock history. that is why pink floyd is so good and geniuses. it has nothing to do with your question but i think that it is something really cool to do with that album.

I've been waiting to try that. I thought it was the MGM lion?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

Tenacious Me! The Dire Straits dude. Yes, indeed it's a good album. If you wanna check out some of their best stuff, check out Meddle and Relics.
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Quote by NineInchNails_0
Tenacious Me! The Dire Straits dude. Yes, indeed it's a good album. If you wanna check out some of their best stuff, check out Meddle and Relics.

I love Dire Straits but where do you remeber that from?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

Quote by Jerry!
definatly one of the most creative things any band has ever done in rock history.

It wasn't done on purpose it was a total coincidence
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.