Page 1 of 3
Ok i have a discontinued color of a mexican strat (agate/agave blue) and it has single coils, now i wanna play emo/punk rock and a little metal thrown in so, should i get a jackson warrior, or get new pickups? and how much is it to get different kinds (i need humbuckers, 2 of em(. TY
for emo punk just get a distortion pedal =\
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
why not

i used one on mine for 3 years and nothing bad happened at all
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
your gonna need a louder amp if your playin with drums and **** anyway, and especially in emo bands to cover up the vocals
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
in my emo, (MCR) the lyrics arent yelled, and trust me my amp can be VERY loud, (i have a drum set, it goes over the drum set) and is it even possible to put hummers on a strat or would i need to buy a new guitar (my spendin limit is 300$)
Quote by Arlabester
the 15 watt sider II CAN NOT i read the manual, no footwork abilities

That means they don't have a pedal to sell you that controls the amp's INTERNAL settings.

You can use any stompbox you like, so long as you use the clean channel, otherwise things start to go haywire.

Also, it's possible to put humbuckers on a strat, but you have to choose either to route your current pickguard, or buy a new pickguard. Most MIM's are swimming pool routed or routed for superstrat combination anyway.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by Arlabester
the 15 watt sider II CAN NOT i read the manual, no footwork abilities

its not like an fx loop you just go from the guitar to the pedal to the amp, then your done
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
Quote by Arlabester
*smacks own for head* in does not have the input for foot work abilities!!!

Guitar - Stompbox - Amp.

What input do you need, other than the one marked "guitar" ?

you can use humbuckers you just have to get a new pickguard one that is cut for humbuckers or trace yours and install the hup's yer self
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
Quote by StaggHound
That means they don't have a pedal to sell you that controls the amp's INTERNAL settings.

You can use any stompbox you like, so long as you use the clean channel, otherwise things start to go haywire.

Also, it's possible to put humbuckers on a strat, but you have to choose either to route your current pickguard, or buy a new pickguard. Most MIM's are swimming pool routed or routed for superstrat combination anyway.

how much would it be for the service and humbuckers and new pickguard?
Quote by StaggHound
Guitar - Stompbox - Amp.

What input do you need, other than the one marked "guitar" ?

oh hook the guitar to stomp to amp through the guitar imput jack on the amp?
depends what kind of pickups you want if you want emg's it would be like 80-90$ for each and others i dont really know service depends on how cool your local repair shop is....
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
how much is it usually, and yes i want emgs, how much for the new pickguard? (strat blue turtleshell)
Quote by Arlabester

yep

thats how you do it there is no other way except through an fx loop, if you get an amp with one youll know what it is other than that dont worry about it

and it sounds better this way
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
Quote by Arlabester

Yes.

Strats are easy to customise because almost all of the electronics is fitted to the pickguard. I know that a fair few of the guitar stores near me will do you a custom pickguard.

Where're you based? Because I'm sure some folks would have a reccomendation based on that.

Or try Warmoth.com.

i dont know really, id say check stew mac or look around for a either a pre cut pickguard or a not cut pickguard and see if the shop will cut and install for you
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
i dont think it would be over like 40 bucks or anything to outragous
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
is there any reason for you to have 2 humbuckers.....watching my chemical romance play at download festival last year they only use the bridge humbucker even for solo's (i know this because both of the guitarists have removed the pickup selector switch)

to be honest mate just get a seymour duncan invader pickup (AKA tom delonge) and wire it in yourself thats what i did on my strat and it sounds amazing!!!!....its a pretty easy job too
Quote by harry 182
is there any reason for you to have 2 humbuckers.....watching my chemical romance play at download festival last year they only use the bridge humbucker even for solo's (i know this because both of the guitarists have removed the pickup selector switch)

to be honest mate just get a seymour duncan invader pickup (AKA tom delonge) and wire it in yourself thats what i did on my strat and it sounds amazing!!!!....its a pretty easy job too

0.0 rlly give me a link to them

btw: frank (dude wit white guitar) got his cusom w/out the selector, and ray (fro) taped his down
jyeah dude because js jacksons suck youd have to get the WR-3 or better, i have a jackson ke-3 (sig) and it has invaders in them and they dont sound to bad so id say go with switchin yer pups
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
Quote by Flyingmojo
jyeah dude because js jacksons suck youd have to get the WR-3 or better, i have a jackson ke-3 (sig) and it has invaders in them and they dont sound to bad so id say go with switchin yer pups

ok so wit invaders, or those emgs give me the prices, not doing it myself, avg. price of service
Stewmac'll do you an H/H strat pickguard for $21.50 in black or white, pearloid or tortoiseshell is $30.70.

Then you just need the humbuckers.

get a seymour duncan invader and wire it in yourself....thats what i did and it sounds great....mcr only use the bridge pickup too so you should only need the one and it will sound as punk and emo as you like!
i dont know check out ebay for it and call up your local repair shop and ask'em
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
****....appologies for saying teh 2 posts twice first time i posted and it didnt show up:S
Quote by harry 182
get a seymour duncan invader and wire it in yourself....thats what i did and it sounds great....mcr only use the bridge pickup too so you should only need the one and it will sound as punk and emo as you like!

hell yeah! so do i need a custom pickguard?
Quote by harry 182

and how do i wire it, cuz i hope its just connecting wires cuz no way in hell im doing that if its any more complicated
yep from www.stewmac.com
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
Invaders are horrible, just like the DiMarzio X2N. Unless you like gobs of distortion and don't care about your tone sucking balls. Then go right ahead.
Hi, I'm Peter
Page 1 of 3