I saw the threads on GuitarPort and Toneport. It pretty well looks like Toneport is what I'll be choosing as it offers quite a bit more with only a small price diffference. I do have one question thouhg. I'm confused as to whether or not you can play your guitar through your speakers or not? Because each time I see GP or TP it's always headphones the player is using. I have a good set of speakers and was wondering if I could set all the tone up and play right through the speakers as a sort of amp?
You connect a GP/TP in such a way that you have to plug your speakers or headphones into the GP/TP instead of your soundcard, and you plug the GP/TP into the output of the sound card. The setup works pretty well i guess, although changing the volume on my guitar port changes the volume of everything that comes out of the speakers, which is a bit of a bummer
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Oh ok, thanks alot. That's a really big thing I was looking forward to with TP/GP and that volume thing doesn't sound too too bad :P
you don necesarily need toneport to use your speakers an an amp, i just take the wire from the back of mine, plug it into a little adapter to make it a normal instrument cable size, plug it into my distortion pedal (wich you dont really need unless you want play with distortion) and into my guitar, it sounds really good
Originally posted by SoFad
Guys, I'm in need of desperate help, it's been like 2 weeks since my last dump. I can't get there anymore

wow, good luck

Quote by MorelloMan1992

elephants.

buttsecks.

elephant buttsecks
Quote by 6stringwizard
you don necesarily need toneport to use your speakers an an amp, i just take the wire from the back of mine, plug it into a little adapter to make it a normal instrument cable size, plug it into my distortion pedal (wich you dont really need unless you want play with distortion) and into my guitar, it sounds really good

Ive done that... and it doesn't come handy to the tone of a GuitarPort.