ive heard how the roland cubes are like one of the best solid state amps you can buy along side a Vox valvetronix but how are cubes like when they have distortion pedals on them? Would they still sound just as good with pedals like a boss mt-2, ds-1, or a digitech death metal?
well they already have really good preset mods, so the mods are probably gonna sound BETTER then a pedal. i guess if there is a way to change the channel through a footswitch get a footswitch
well aslong as u dont put the distortion pedal infornt of teh dirty channels it should be good
I have one of said voxs, and it's basically the same situation. You can use pedals. And often I do. If you have a tone you really like that you get from one of your pedals (like I do), it's not too hard to find a good sound to put under it and keep your nice tone. Don't get me wrong, I still like plenty of the amp's built in stuff, but it's not like it's every amp and pedal ever made.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
you are ruining a good Cube if you put an MT-2 thru it. Seriously lol.

Is the Recto setting at full gain not good enough? Because theres too much gain when its at like half!
Modellings have a pretty bad interaction with pedals compared to a straight up amp IMO. The amp sucks tone, and it sucks the effect too. Don't expect fantastic results.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
what if i just use a pedal on the cubes independant clean channel (JC clean) im thinking of getting a digitech death metal pedal thats why i was asking if the cube can handle pedals
^More effective, but it still sounds bleh...
Quote by nemesis empire
what if i just use a pedal on the cubes independant clean channel (JC clean) im thinking of getting a digitech death metal pedal thats why i was asking if the cube can handle pedals

dude WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!?!?!!?!?

Why would you waste the amp with that pedal? No offense man, its not a good pedal.

Like I asked before... Whats wrong with the "metal" setting or the "R-fier" setting? The "Metal" setting is modeled after the Peavey 5150 and the the "R-Fier" setting is well..duh...

I mean this all in a helpfull nice way btw lol

And no I dont own a Cube but I have like 8 or 9 in at work and they AWESOME amps. Theyre a 'plug n play' amp, you dont need other effects or anything...just plug in...and rock!
lol well the reason why im looking at one is because its only 50 bucks and i just want some more powerful distortion for death metal or something i guess you could say im a gain *****
Quote by nemesis empire
you own a cube?

Yep, I do.
Quote by nemesis empire
lol well the reason why im looking at one is because its only 50 bucks and i just want some more powerful distortion for death metal or something i guess you could say im a gain *****

Well dude, death metal guitarists dont use that much distortion like...ever. No one uses that much distortion on rythem stuff...leads maybe. Too much gain makes it sound sloppy and all that IMO...