I'm having a hard time when it comes to thinking about what I want. I play bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers (alot), a little Bedouin Soundclash (Not alot), Jimi Hendrix, Oasis and so on with those types of music. Mostly rock, a little touch of reggae (bedouin), and some times I need distortion. Now at one point I was going to get an Epihpone Dot and a Vox amp. I like the vox but I am starting to doubt about the Epiphone. What guitars do you guys recommened with my price range of under 600.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
Anyone want to answer?
One Love

Is that 600 UK, cad, US, aus, etc.

Anyways i am gonna suggest either a fat strat or a '72 telecaster deluxe with two humbuckers. Both are very versatile and can play those styles well. Surpisingly, the tele is awesome for those kinds of bands as i have tried one and i play a lot of oasis and rhcp.
It is 600 Canadian and I am not really interested in Fenders. It may be a surprise but I don't really like how they look.
One Love

HSS strat (fat strat) seconded.

Why do you have doubts about the epiphone? Just try out lots of guitars and get what you like.

Edit: You should be buying a guitar based on how it sounds, not how it looks. If you hate the strat and tele look, you're pretty much limited to les pauls.
Do you think the Epiphone is a good fit for the types of music i play?
One Love

Not particularly for the hendrix and rhcp higher gain stuff. Hollow and semi-hollow guitars produce a lot of feedback and are better for blues and lighter gain and clean stuff. I would seriously recommend either strat, tele or a les paul to cover all of the required styles, maybe an outside chance of an SG.
i will say either a s/s/s strat or a h/s/s strat they will give you most of the sounds your looking after