right so soon i'm thinking of getting a new guitar, and am torn beween the following: A schecter C1 hellraiser w/EMG's or a Maverick f3. Both would be fixed bridge since I have no use for a Floyd Rose.

opinions?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
why do you need a new guitar? for jazz, pop rock, what? i know the hellraiser is good, but its a metal-ish guitar. please tell us what kind of music you intend to use the guitar for. if its for metal, may i reccommend upgrading your amp?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Quote by angusyoungwanab
why do you need a new guitar? for jazz, pop rock, what? i know the hellraiser is good, but its a metal-ish guitar. please tell us what kind of music you intend to use the guitar for. if its for metal, may i reccommend upgrading your amp?

oh **** yeah sorry, um well it's gonna be mainly for metal/rock which is why I went for something with Emg's, and I've had my Epi for a while now and honestly just fancy a change, so gonna be selling that and will get a new guitar. I know my amp needs upgrading, but I'm saving for a decent amp, I could buy a spidere 212 but thats blasphemty on UG but the amp can wait since i just use it as a speaker and not for its distortion
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
well i wasn't gunna reccomend a Line 6 either, but yea as long as you know you need to upgrade your amp to get a better metal sound. i can only vouch for the Schecter. muy bien .
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
schecters are perfect for metal and high distorted rock, the duncans in em are high output pups so you know they will be good for rock and metal, i love my schecters, definately try em out if you have the chance, Gibson has nothin on them and Gibson knows that, Schecter will soon be the new gibson and mite raise thier prices so....try em out and hopefully u will love them like i do
well, u have the founder member above^, a member writing now, im telling u schecters are great guitars it will serve u well
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
like the guys above, i play a schecter so im being biased, but schecters are awsome. go with the c-1
Saying you play metal/rock is possibly the most vague genre discription i've ever read. Maybe you could enlighten us on some bands you play or something like that?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Saying you play metal/rock is possibly the most vague genre discription i've ever read. Maybe you could enlighten us on some bands you play or something like that?

well I do try to not play one "type" of music, but usually stuff like Pantera, Trivium, A7x (blasphemy on UG), metallica, megadeth, GnR, BFMV, Dragonforce, ozzy osbourne stuff, BLS, Iron Maiden, and some Hendrix as well when I'm in a funky mood
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
Quote by silvertone420
schecter all the way, my friend has a bad ass one i think its diamond, nice!!!

well from Schecter it's either a C1 hellraiser or C1 Blackjack, is there any real difference between the two apart from the fretboard inlays and what pickups you can get as standard on them?
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
I would play them if you can. I have a 2003 C-1 FR, and a new C-7 Hellraiser, and they greatly improved the neck heel joint between the 2 models. If the Blackjack is anything like the C-1 FR as far as heel joint, the new design is much nicer IMO. Upper fret access is improved.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids