Well i have been playing the fade to black solo perfectly for a few days and all of a sudden i have a problem with the fast part in the end....the pull off part......everything goes perfectly till the 17p21 fret part....there all of a sudden the picking gets messed up.......and then after some practising i do it perfectly for some time and then again i get messed up only at that part.....i've been trying to perfect it for maybe 5 hrs but still no progress........any help ???
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
have you tried playing it slower with a metronome and slowly getting faster?

If you don't have one use this . . . http://www.metronomeonline.com/

I never used a metronome before today and I've been realy improving my shred in the last few hours.
Dave Tither
Slow it down. Practice with a metronome until you can play it up to speed.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
i practise by slowing down the real song using wm player and then play it slowly increasing the speed........i got to 1 and then i got thus problem so i slowed down the partto 7 and went slowly up to 9.......no problem....when i hit 9.5 i get this coordination problem and i have to go all the way back to 8 and start again........ive been doing this for a good 10 hrs now......or maybe more.....
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Yes, relax and play it slowly and in-time until you can be relaxed when you play
it fast.

5 hours? That's a tiny blip of time. At some point, if you want to get to the
next level, you won't be measuring progress in hours. It will be days, weeks,
months before you might see progress on more demanding stuff. Assuming
your practice is pretty good. So, now might be a good time to get some patience
down too...
........patience....i think you are right....i got to relax at the speed .........it's only when i tense up i start having problems....well i started again and i am at 9 for the last 20 minutes...i'm going play till i work out all of the tension and then see if i can make any progress.......thanks for the advice guys....and you guys are quick !!
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Dudes, it aint working.......again i spent like 6 hrs on it and i could play it perfectly at speed and then i stopped playing and came back after like an hour or so and same problem.......I dont think i can keep on playing the sone like 8-9 times just before a gig......any other suggestions or exercises to get the thing right ???

And is the metallica-one solo all that hard to learn ??
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!