hey... where do you pick for the highest possible pitch on a pinch harmonic? like... the pitch that people like zakk wyle, joe satriani, and steve vai get.

(im using a les paul, two humbuckers.)

thanks
zakk uses the same pinch virtually every time, steve vai and satriani are more techincal. satriani does a harmonic on the 22 fret i believe it is and uses his whammy bar to bend the pitch.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez SZ, RG w/ Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF Pro
Marshall JCM2000 head 1960 Cab
and many pedals...

www.adamcutrone.com
^i make art
Quote by xxadamnxx
zakk uses the same pinch virtually every time, steve vai and satriani are more techincal. satriani does a harmonic on the 22 fret i believe it is and uses his whammy bar to bend the pitch.

does he pick at the 22 fret or is he holding the note there with his left?

(im asking for the place you pick)
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at Jun 6, 2006,
the closer you pinch to the bridge the higher the pitch.
for a les paul pick somewhere in between the two pickups, i think if you mess around with it you should find a few spots to give the pinch harmonic in different pitches
Pinching is often dependent on the guitar, bridge, and setup. Most of the time pinch harmonics can be found easiest around the middle pickup, and to get higher pitches simply do the pinch on higher frets.
Yeah, I get the best results between my middle and neck sinle-coils, so try around the bridge side of your neck pickup.

For the highest pitch, I guess hit as close to the tune-o-matic as possible.
To get a nice sounding pinch, pick right on the top edge of the bridge pickup. Not the highest, but its a good, strong spot.