A band from my hometown, vancouver. theyre quite good, they sound like an elephant 6 band playing chamber pop. (i'll mention that pitchfork liked their album since that is what so many of you wanna hear.) their last fm page lets you hear entire songs. try them !
Great band. I spent a lot of last year trying to convince people to buy 'Brigadoon' or 'The den', not many people did though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
That's some good stuff. I like how sparse their arrangements are in some places, and you get the feeling like it was recorded in someone's garage (which it very well could have been for all I know). I may have to be one to pick up Brigadoon.
i dont get the feeling it was recorded in a garage at all. the production is reasonably honest i guess, but its too lush to have too much of a lo-fi feel.

you would benefit from listening to some mid 90's guided by voices.
Quote by public_witness
i dont get the feeling it was recorded in a garage at all.

No, can't see that either, although all the speakers I have in my house are pretty sh*tty.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
It sounded that way to me on first listen, I think it was the way some of the sounds came across. I agree the recording is good quality, there was just something about it. Apparently I'm in the minority on that one.