I was looking at spending bout 200 bucks on a new pedal but can no longer afford so looking for something under that mark. The boss ds1 and od3 are just over 100bucks, but not sure wich to go for. What do you guys think would be the best pedal. I play mostly rock but a little heavy to. It will be going through a randall 75w combo.
last time i checked the ds-1 was like 40$
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
yeah but i live in australia so basically double your price. That was the retail price to.
Ebay the Keeley Modded Ds-1.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Well...the DS-1 is a DISTORTION pedal and the OD-3 is an OVERDRIVE pedal...so basically what do you want? lol
Quote by Teleprompters
yes^, they are pretty different

lol yeah OD and Distortion or completly different things.

Nice sig btw
i thought the od3 was an overdrive/distortion. Might be mistaken but im pretty sure. Might be wrong cat number.
yeah my mistake with the numbers. Can you mod a stock one later, maybe buy a kit. Would this be a bti cheaper if you know someone whos good with electronics. if you can were would you get it from.
Ebay
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
would putting a distortion pedal liek the ds-1 infront of a relatively low gain tube amp make it more high gain?
Yeah, you play it though the clean channel, using one through your overdrive channel will just make a load of noise. But it should get more gain than your amp's overdrive channel.
These go to eleven...
waht if i got an OD pedal like the TS9 and put that infront of teh dirsty cahnnel, since the ampo i talkingin about (epi valve junior) only has 1 chanel? i wanna hit metal-gain with thsi sucker
Yeah you can use overdrives to boost your already overdriven amp, just not distortion pedals.
These go to eleven...
ok good good, so i guess ill be using a ts9 then. So you think that i can hit metal with the ts9 and eapi valve junior?
alrighty, i'll see if i can try out the valve junior at the local GC, and try sticking a ts9 or ts808 or sumthign of that sort, maybe a maxon and hooking that mofo to a 43x12 and lettign the bitch go. thx for ur help
ho yea! im getting anotehr 43x12 prertty soon, i love them kinnda a hasle to move around and costly cuz i have to rent a flatbed truck, but its allll worth it!