Hey my friend is willing to sell me his Boss Metal-Zone distortion pedal. Its for guitar though and i play bass. Ive tried it on bass and it sounds alright. He wants 20 dollars. Do you guys think I should get it
- considering the price (retail $100)
- considering its a guitar pedal
- considering my Digitech bp 80 is gathering dust, so i rarley use effects (well actually its prolly just because it sucked)

Yes, thats a great deal. Its either that or one of those Danelectro pedals for that price range. Go for it.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
You see that search button on the upper righthand area of the page? Try it. Works wonders.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
^whats with you ppl, theres one of u in every thread. im a hell of a lot sicker of seeing ppl mentioningg the search button than ppl making redundant threads, worst off, this is actually a pretty unique thread. and ya know what, alot of ppl are new, and they probably wouldnt know the difference between a fender US highway 1 and a dean edge playmate. share wisdom, not hate.

anyways. yes thats a great deal. the metal zone has a lot of low end crunch which should still work well with bass, although it might not be as crunchy. if u've tried it on bass and like how it sounds then hurry and grab it. if ur worried about it being a guitar pedal it shouldn't be damaged at all, the only thing that might go wrong is on the lowest notes might sound a big muddy.
^Because it could save us all time if they would just search.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
^ because we all come to the UG forums whilist in a rush to save the world from crappy music before the hardcore kids take control that we have no time to spare and instead of not clicking on a thread we deem as might be undeserving of our productive input we need to spout our own commandment of "thou shalt use the search" thus causing us to waste our valuable time that we are so incensant on having been wasted by said thread, correct?

but back to thread starter i say yes, buy it, plug it in, if it sounds good or you can find a setting you like or maybe multiple settings you like then hey you got a damn good deal......on the other hand if it sucks then all you're doing is wasting the same amount of money you'd spend to take a date to see a movie.
Last edited by Paladin1469 at Jun 7, 2006,
These threads get tiring fast. After seeing the same questions day after day, week after week, it gets a little frustrating. Plus if they search, it's quicker for the threadstarter to find the answer they want and more. No need to get personal.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10