I decided to record this song to try out my new drums, sine its an easy song to drum with, not to mention its an incredible song. . i know no one does it like coldplay but that doesnt stop me from trying.
haha if u listen careful u can hear my phone ringing, I couldnt edit it out ;(

Check it out, In my opinion this is my best cover iVe done.
Im sure Ill get the odd person that think it sucks, but haha its the UG, for some reason i get that.

http://theunborn.dmusic.com

The Scientist.

any comments and feedback is greatly appreaciated
Work to live, not live to work.
I love this song, so I had to check this out.

Its pretty good dude. I like your vocals and the instrumentation is good, but something about it is weird. I can't put my finger on it, but other than that (whatever it is), its very good.

Sorry that wasn't very helpful
haha maybe its me playing the piano on bass???
or the telephone ringing in the middle of the song?
that was a ****en awsome cover!!! Nice voice man! and sweet drums!
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by Unborn
haha maybe its me playing the piano on bass???
or the telephone ringing in the middle of the song?

Haha that might be it. Not the phone, but the first part. Not a big deal though. The cover as a whole sounds really damn good.
Great cover... I can't really think of any negatives. However, when you were doing your vocal solos the instruments jumped in too early (either that or your vocals were slightly off time), which kind of ruins the overall flow to the piece... that happened twice in the song.

Either than that it was really good.
Word! This is smooth...and of course the vocals and bass are boss. Peace man, good work.
you're an awesome musician. You could easily do an album and go some where. All your covers are really exact, really good, and this is no exception. Do some originals though, from what I've heard, you've got a really tight style.
BUY SOME PHOTOS..Click here, and then click 'store'

Quote by GOD*OF*ROCK
lol man plz dont take this the wrong way but you really cant rap.
man i always love hearing your covers, and this one was no exception. The one thing that i didnt like about this cover was the rhythm guitar or whatever the hell it was playing the notes over the top of everything...i really like playing this song acoustic cuz its sounds ridiculously close to the piano when you use this tab: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/c/coldplay/the_scientist_acoustic_crd.htm
I liked the vocals, they were pretty smooth, and you did a good job considering chris martin's voice is WAY too high haha
now for the mix, turn up the drums a little but they were awesome, the bass was TIGHT.
anyway i've been picky enough, hope that helps.
Great recording! Everything sounds pretty good. Only thing is, I wasn't really a fan of that riff you kept on playing for the majority of the song, it was just too repetitive and a bit out of place. Still, this is one of my favorite songs of all time and I think you did a great job overall.
Thanks everyone... haha Ya I just threw it together 2 nights ago in 3 hours... so Remixing is possible, I did save my session with cool edit. I just thought the piano was in the whole song, so I thought Id have it there with the bass.
I checked it out in a car with subwoofers, and this mp3 pounds!
Quote by Unborn
Thanks everyone... haha Ya I just threw it together 2 nights ago in 3 hours... so Remixing is possible, I did save my session with cool edit.

as usual lol
i agree the song on a whole was awesome. the repeating riff should have come in and out though...it gets repetitetive. second to that, the only bad thing i can think of is the bass :S am i the only one that didnt like it all that much? but you did good with your conditions. in a studio, drums and bass and rhythm instruments are ALWAYS recorded live and toegther to avoid what happens with most one man covers. its very hard to recreate that tightness you get from bass and drums playing together. the last thing, one of your cymbals sucks. the loud one, crash. tone it down a bit in the mix. 9/10 overall. KICK ASS!!

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
Quote by mr. jones3642
man i always love hearing your covers, and this one was no exception. The one thing that i didnt like about this cover was the rhythm guitar or whatever the hell it was playing the notes over the top of everything...i really like playing this song acoustic cuz its sounds ridiculously close to the piano when you use this tab: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/c/coldplay/the_scientist_acoustic_crd.htm
I liked the vocals, they were pretty smooth, and you did a good job considering chris martin's voice is WAY too high haha
now for the mix, turn up the drums a little but they were awesome, the bass was TIGHT.
anyway i've been picky enough, hope that helps.

Thats a wicked tab.. thanks so much. I'm going to record it sometime over the summer.

Nice job on the recording.. one of my favorite songs of all time.

That said, the repeating part you put ontop of the chords get annoying.
Last edited by wilty00 at Jun 10, 2006,
Thanks guys. If you crank this song tho that part u guys think is annoying is barely hearable! I guess for a quick mix theres gonna be a few errors. And the cymbal in the chorus, I just didnt know what else to do lol, im just learning drums on my own , messing around. I guess i should have checked the drum tab ;p
thanks again everyone.
brilliant, really
The singing was really good.
And the mood was really good, with the acoustic and such.
Very very good cover, really.
Does anyone know where i can get a decent backing track for this song, been looking round usual places but can't find one. Infact i'm not even sure if it needs it really but i was just wondering.

@ Unborn

Amazing man, vocals are good considering chris martins range. Keep up the good work
Wow that was really good. I like how you play the piano part on guitar. And you have a really good voice, I wish i could sing....9/10
good song, i listened to some other ones you did, Jesus Of Suburbia is amazing! Really, in places you almost sound identical to Billie-Joe (whether thats good or not, im just saying you do), excellente, keep it up!
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
sounded a lot to hard to me!
i mean this song is usually extremly calm...
put a bit more feeling in the vocals and they'd be almost perfect.
imo you can't play this song without a piano or it'll sound not like it's meant to be.
Last edited by dEipHoBoS at Jun 15, 2006,
Sounded preety godo dude...you didnt use that pop punk voice you usually use which is good cause it wouldnt of suited this song at all...nice work dude
Thanks a lot, ya ive been doing really mellow stuff lately, and singing quieter but still in a higher key, behind blue eyes a step higher, and save your scissors are two i have been doing a lot, ill eventually cover em. Hey if u get the chance, check out my original tune me and my buddy ryan on drums did last night, it was live guitar/vox and drums and then i added bass and back up vox after it.. its a mellow sound
Are you playing this in another tuning with a capo?
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Haha yes, damn u caught me
too lazy to tune up so i have a capo on 1st fret, and tuned eb.