Okay I know that this question is asked a lot but I need some opinions on some of the guitars that I have been looking to buy.

Ibanez RG1570 - I love everything about this guitar except for the bolt-on neck...once I read that it had one I lost some interest but I would still like to hear from anyone who has played one. Does the bolt-on neck alter the sound much or does it still sound good?

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR - This guitar looks great though I do wish they made an Avenger model with a Tremolo (Besides a custom). These have set-in necks.

Jackson SL1 USA Soloist - This guitar seems to have everything that I want except for a lower price tag.

ESP LTD MH-400 - I am not a big fan of ESP but looking at a few of them sparked my interest. This seems to be a good deal. It has a set-in neck and 81/85 EMG pickups.

ESP LTD JH-600 - Same specs as the one above only with a neck-through design.

As you can see I am hoping to find one with a tremolo. I like to play heavier rock/metal but I would also like to have a good clean sound too. I use a Marshall AVT50 Combo Amp. I am trying to stay within the 1000$ and below range. I would also like to know does having a neck-through design give you a major improvement in sustain as apposed to having a set-in? Any opinions would be appreciated.
Last edited by Casket at Jun 6, 2006,
wow you really jumped price ranges there with the soloist. . .but jacksons are really sweet if they are expensive so i say go with that
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
bolt-on necks dont alter tone, and a well done bolt-on neck (like the RG1570) will sustain the same as a nice set neck, neck-thrus will sustain slightly more than these but there isnt a big difference, sustain is really the only difference between these designs, id say go for an Ibanez RG1570 and then save the rest for new pickups or start saving for a tube combo
Hellraiser Man, its sick
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by Teleprompters
bolt-on necks dont alter tone, and a well done bolt-on neck (like the RG1570) will sustain the same as a nice set neck, neck-thrus will sustain slightly more than these but there isnt a big difference, sustain is really the only difference between these designs, id say go for an Ibanez RG1570 and then save the rest for new pickups or start saving for a tube combo

I meant to say sustain not tone there...sorry about that. Have you played one? I know that Ibanez model is supposed to have a good neck for soloing but I was worried that with it being bolt-on it might interfere when playing at the higher frets.