Hey all, I've been playing guitar for about 1 1/2 years on an Ibanez RG321. I've recently developed a strong interest in jazz/blues stuff. Now, I'm looking for good guitar/amp combo that will suit this genre for hopefully, under $500. I'm just not getting that bluesy tone I'm looking for with my RG. Any suggestions guys?
what amp do u have?

and are u looking for a single coil sound or maybe a semi hollow humbucker guitar.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Dot-Electric-Guitar?sku=518250
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Ibanez Atrcore, but if you have the cash, get yourself a nice gretsch guitar.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
A hollowbody sounds right up your alley. I hear the Ibanez Artcores are fairly good but I haven't played one. As for the amp, a Fender Blues Jr. would be good for the sound you're trying to get. I'm jazz player and I play a Washburn jazzbox through a Carvin tube amp. All you need is a guitar and amp with really good cleans.

Oh, and if you happen to win the lottery or rob a bank:

Only $20,000
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Strats, Tele's or a Les Paul Ultra.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
I have heard that Epiphones have great quality solidbodies, but I have no first hand experience with them, a good strat would give a nice blues tone. Also look at some PRS SE models.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
I use an Ibanez Artcore AS73 on alot of my songs. Its got that hollow body sound but can handle distortion. I would go for that.
Last edited by Rancid_Misfits at Jun 7, 2006,
Quote by PneumaticVermin
Are there any decent solidbody's?

yeah, if ur not into the semi hollows then go for a strat, maybe something with upgraded pickups.

and i didnt see, did u mention what amp ur using?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011