Never heard one personally.... but I've heard praise on those things. Something about them sounding "Yellow Submarine-ish". Whatever....
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Ive heard good things about them. they should be good considering they cost liek 2 thousand dollars. From first to last uses them if you want an example of tone.
Ive heard there good, and Ive seen a couple bands use them. If I remember correctly, Alexisonfire uses them(or atleast their cabs) but I may be wrong.
No, no. There are the old Orange amps and new Hi-gain amps. These are the ones that hardcore bands use. Some bands (not saying that they are "hardcore" or whatever so to you elitists who come in here don't get your panties in a bunch) that play heavier music with orange amps are FFTL, Alexisonfire, TheBled, more and more, just check their website. They have an artist list. I'd say if all of the bands on that list use them, and I see alot of other underground touring bands use them there must be something good about them.
A lot of hardcore bands use them.

From First to Last, and the Fall of Troy to name a couple off the top of my head.
for some early zeppelin gigs, i could have sworn i saw page and jones using orange

not positive tho

otherwise i've heard some good things on them too

-guitarshark
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
played through one and thought it had amazing tone. I played the rockerverb 30 i think, don't know if it's is the sound that you are lookin for thou
Orange amps are awesome. If you want to hear the purest tone of an Orange amp, listen to UnderOATH's They're Only Chasing Safety. Tim McTague uses an Orange (not sure which one) with no pedals whatsoever between his guitar and his amp. He has an awesome tone, IMO. Thom from the Fall of Troy and Omar from The Mars Volta uses one, but they're not very good reference points because they have so many pedals running between their guitar and their amp.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
The AD30 head/Orange cab run about $2200 together. I'd reccomend getting the AD30 off Ebay and just getting an Avatar cab with V30's in it and saving yourself an arm and a leg.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
You can always get an Orange combo too...

Try a few out, see if you like them.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Ambulance X
Thom from the Fall of Troy and Omar from The Mars Volta uses one, but they're not very good reference points because they have so many pedals running between their guitar and their amp.

Thom has about 20 pedals running into his amp. Most of them are delays and loop samplers. He still has an amazingly heavy tone. He boosts his dirty channel with a DS-2.

But in the end his Orange amp still kicks major buns.

I know this because I know...him/them. lol
i have an Orange rocker 30, and i have to say, it is the best amp in the world (baised opinion) its so veritile the clean is a nice natural clean alot like, ten years gone by zepplin,
the gain at 3'oclock is a nice bluesy tone. 12oclock is more of a heavy blues.
at 1:30- you get into zepplin territory, reaching hendrix at about 2, then IT JUMPSSSSSSSSSS in gain at about 3, taking you right to slash, it stops at an EASY metal (very easy metal) at 5

i use an overdrive pedal on the dirty channel to get metal tones.
and its VERY bassy, this thing has alot of bass
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
Thom has about 20 pedals running into his amp. Most of them are delays and loop samplers. He still has an amazingly heavy tone. He boosts his dirty channel with a DS-2.

But in the end his Orange amp still kicks major buns.

I know this because I know...him/them. lol

I wouldn't say he has twenty haha. I think he has about 8 as of right now, including his tuner and just for good measure, his Digitech Whammy. And I think only his FM-4 and DL-4 are true bypass, unless he's had his other pedals modded. And I think he used a DS-2 a while back, but he got rid of it because he got the Turbo Tube Screamer.

EDIT:
I was thinking about getting a Rocker 30, Obilisk. How does it hold up to the AD30 head?
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Last edited by Ambulance X at Jun 7, 2006,
^ lol dude idk. he had sooooo many pedals goin when i saw em the first few times. the other like...9 or 10 times i seen em he left a few out.
Yeah, he has plenty of pedals. He's due for a new guitar soon. He snapped the neck off of his Les Paul Double Cut in Ohio.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Quote by Ambulance X
I wouldn't say he has twenty haha. I think he has about 8 as of right now, including his tuner and just for good measure, his Digitech Whammy. And I think only his FM-4 and DL-4 are true bypass, unless he's had his other pedals modded. And I think he used a DS-2 a while back, but he got rid of it because he got the Turbo Tube Screamer.

EDIT:
I was thinking about getting a Rocker 30, Obilisk. How does it hold up to the AD30 head?

the guitar shop i go to (everyone plays classic rock) says the rocker 30 is better and has more gain.

i personaly believe that the rocker 30 is more of an oldschool sound where as the ad is more of a british sound.

and the rocker 30 is portable
I don't see how the Rocker 30 could have more gain. It has one less pre-amp tube. And it doesn't sound too appealing to me. I was already leaning towards dishing out the cash for an AD30 head, or maybe ponying up for a Rockerverb 50.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2