What do you want to do with it? Do you want an acoustic-electric guitar? Are you in a band?
nope.. im just a noob trying to learn.. currently i have a YAMAHA C-40 and it sucks because its classical. i think i prefer soloing than being in a band. so is it any good?
I'm no professional either..been playing around 6months now, but if you enjoy playing and are sticking to it, then its time to upgrade. I think you should look more at plain acoustic's, rather then acou-elec becuase you'll get a better quality guitar for your money. I just got a Yamaha FG700S for $199 and I love it. I would say check the stick thread "guitars under $300" and research the ones you like, and also play them. Any more questions?
do pure acoustics really sound better than A/E? cool then if thats the case then im getting an acoustic.. problem in my place is i dont have that much choice here.. few stores sell guitars in our city and you have to settle for what they currently have in stock.
I believe pure's might sound better, but also a dreadnought shaped guitar will have a better tone then a cutaway guitar like the fender DG14sce. Driving 30mins-60mins to a better guitar store is worth it if you are going to be spending $300. I drove 45mins to guitar center to try out guitars and buy mine, and I am pleased with it. If your not into that, you can always do your own research online and buy one online. eBay has cheap guitars. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ is a great website. It has customer reviews and ratings that you could read up on.
Quote by 19942006
do pure acoustics really sound better than A/E? cool then if thats the case then im getting an acoustic.. problem in my place is i dont have that much choice here.. few stores sell guitars in our city and you have to settle for what they currently have in stock.

At the lower prices, pure acoustics sound a LOT better. The Yamaha FG700s is a ****in FANTASTIC guitar for its price range (i think that was mentioned above). I've owned one, absolutely loved it.. but ended upgrading to the FG750s
^^^Fsb is pretty much the person who pushed me into gettin an FG700. And He didnt fail me, I love it.
yeah i own the exact guitar your looking at its actually amazing. it sounds great acoustic, but you plug the thing in and it sounds like a martin or a taylor. its ****ing great.