I play metal.

Tossing up between Behringer GMX-210 (2 x 30 watts with 10" speakers, digital effects) and Orange CR30R (solid state 30 watts with 10" speakers).

Anyone that has any idea which would be more ideal that would be much appreciated?

Cheers
although i have not played either one.
Overall i would say orange
because orange on the whole is a far superior company to behringer (even their low end modles are pretty good)
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by twistedsister
save up more money for soething better

that is probably the best choice..
>_>
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Roland Cube 30
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
VoxAD30TV
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Quote by AngelGC
VoxAD30TV

Hes looking for more of a metal tone...

Not saying the AD cant handle it..but IMO the Cubes handle metal sounds a lot better.
Metal Sucks, but just get a good tube amp, used fender, vox or something like that for around 200-300 and get a good OD pedal. I like my Jekyll, but alot of folk say electro-harmonix big muff is good for metal.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
Hes looking for more of a metal tone...

Not saying the AD cant handle it..but IMO the Cubes handle metal sounds a lot better.

True. I didnt think about that. You could always get an OD pedal for a boost. I've never played the Cube30.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Yeah well the pedal that comes with the behringer loks nice, as i wont have to buy one haha. Reviews say the orange isn't for metal, so i guess the behringer...it has more features than the cube 30 it looks like...
^ theyre a stereo amp. Two seperate signals going through seperate outputs. Each output puts out 30watts.

2 by 30 watts