Me and my friend are building a guitar effect "easy face" from www.tonepad.com and i was just hoping hw could i build a case i wann abuild it myself is it really hard and could so one either tell me how or post a link to a site with one plz thanks, mitch
Jesus had long hair, and he was all like For those about to rock, I salute you.

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

Member # 24 of Metallica Mensa

President of the Daron Malakian is God Club
pm me to join
A box?
www.smallbearelec.com has all the parts you need, and relatively cheap international shipping. www.kustompowder.net can make you a custom powder coated box.

If you typed clearly and correctly we could help you better, I'm not quite sure what you want

Also, if you made your sig a bit smaller, that would be nice.
Thanks.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeh srry about my typing i was in a hurry yeh im makin gone from srach thou and i just need some designs to see like what to do

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
^^^^^ making one from sratch srry about spelling*

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
^Try using the edit button man.

And what exactly do you want? I'm still not sure...
I wouldn't build an pedal enclosure myself, and if I were you, I'd either buy a pre-punched/drilled enclosure, or buy a one and drill it myself.
okay thanks for the tip but do u have any links? that i could see how to build a box ?

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
I'm telling you, it's almost pointless to build your own enclosure. It'd kinda like trying to grow your own tree, cut it down, and make a guitar out of it. I'd recommend using the site that pink gave (which is a freaking awesome site looking at it, I might buy an enclosure from them someday soon).

I mean, you'd need a sheet of aluminum foil, something like tin snips, a machine that'll bend the corners in your box, maybe a spot welder...

just buy a box dude
i know but! i dont have the money or the time to wait so i was goin to make one in metal work at school so is it posible or what??

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
Thanks pink queen for that link ill make my font smaller that gave me a preety goo didea on what to do but would that stuff be strong enough? any way my metal work teacher should know how to make one just get thicker metal heat it up with the lpg gas tources and bend it not to hard aye but any more link anyone???

thanks again That_Pink_Queen

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
It looks like a small enough box that it would take a serious stomping. Maybe if it were larger, the center would bust up after a few hard stomps.
so this box shouldn't be to hard after all eh green box if i make it soild liek boss pedals

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
oh well, you have a metal shop to work out of

instead of growing a tree and cutting one down, it's like going to the lumber yard and slicing up a piece of wood for yourself.

good luck on your stomp box!
Ohh thanks for the support ill shar my stompbox with you all when it done thats alot ot that_pink_queen because he gave me the site wich gave me the best idea im goin to add like a a peice of threaded metal so i can put screws in the bottom of it liek boss pedals if you know what i mean once again thats for the support

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
Hey man if you've got access to a welder you could try welding your own box up from sheet metal. I tried making a few last summer they turned alright, if i can find it il post some photos.

Check out my shop for guitar and effects parts

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Armstrong-Guitars

Ive got some hammond effects enclosure and stomp switch's im planning on listing today.

Cheers Gav
im just wondering whats the best stuff to use??? i was thinking of galvanized steel any opinions?

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
Galvanized steel will make you sick from inhaling the fumes. I would say to use Carbon steel. In 3/32 that stuff is rock solid. I am taking welding in college and I made my own enclosure. Its kind of a pain in the ass tho. making the brackets for screwing on the bottom plate. the only way to do that is either welding on some nuts and running bolts through the bottom or making tabs and tapping them for the screws you will be using. But it really not hard to make your own. If you want I can give you te measurements of mine which easily fit the circuit I built, all the electronics and the battery.
it will make you sick????? meh ogg well im make the easy face distrotion from tonpad here the link http://www.tonepad.com/getFile.asp?id=36 tell me what you think the measurments sould be for my box?

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
Yeah the coating on galvinized steel will burn off and the fumes will give you one hell of a stomach ache for a few days. As a welder too who has welded on galvinized, it dont hold up well and bends pretty easy. So I still say carbon steel. But as far as dimensions go I would say roughly 4 to 4 1/2 in long. 3 to 3 1/2 in wide. And maybe 3 1/4 to 3 3/4 high. You'd be best tho to try and make a cardboard replica of the enclosure you want to build, make sure everything fits, then use those dimensions to make the final box.
thanks for your help mate your a true pall i hope this thing works out but could u post me a link on how to make good box's cos im i lil clueless

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
I dont know of any links cause I do it all off the top of my head. But if you weld it, which with carbon or any steel you would have too at some point. Just make sure you weld it solid inside and out and grind it off for appearances. If you weld in nuts to hold on the bottom plate with bolts or screws, retap the threads cause too much heat will tear out the threads of the nut. Be carefull to check and make sure it all lines up right, the box I mean, before you weld it up. And if need be cut more then you need, you can always clean it off later. But if you need more help you can pm me and I'll try to help you as much as possible.
ok thank ill also tell you im doin this at school and were ment to have one of the best metal work room in Australia for a high school that is u name it we probly have it anyway thanks for all your help ill pm you if i need more help also u an aussie?

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
^PUNCTUATE!
If you really have the best metalworking shop, just ask your teacher dude. Seems to me this shouldn't be that hard...
And post pics when you're done!
srry im not that good at english i will ask my metal work teacher anyway i think your right that_pink_queen i dont think it will be hard but ill try post picture when done

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
^Somehow I was under the impression that Aussies spoke English

we seak english i mean PUNCTUATION im not good at that **** never was anyway thats for ur infomation

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
No Im not Aussie, never even been there. But one day I will make it to Australia. Au, has some bad ass beaches Im told. But anyway, keep us posted on how it comes out.
I'm sure you could type better than that. Positive of it.

Oh well, n00bs will be n00bs.

Claptionrules--> Australia has plenty of wcked beaches i will try my best to keep posted as long as you guys reply
That_Pink_Queen--> I could probly type better but im a NOOB as you said i will try my best to type better. also ive heard that your one of the best eletriction (dont know the spelling) on UG

Corporate Rock Sell Outs

pm me to join
^Hey nice job
I can understand it!
And powerfreak is the best electrician. I just got voted best because I have no life and post more
Heres one i made earier...... a first attemp at making an enclosure out of steel. I used a heavy gauge of steel to make the main box so this little baby is heavy. The back plate is held on by 4*M4 bolts which screw into 4 lugs which are welded to the inside and threaded using a M4 tap. the cicular shape at the side is a piece of metal pipe tubing to help get diffent shape. the control plate on the top is made out of steel so thick i couldnt get the pots to fit (DOH.) I started to bore them out with a drill but gave up and bought myself a shiny new hammond 1590bb enclosure. All in all a total **** up but i could easily be done to get a unique box for your project

^nice box mate!
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...