I don't think it's the technical aspect of it that scares me, just that I'd have to spend more $$, but if I bought for example 2 Dimarzio single coil sized pickups (not sure whether they'd be vintage or not) and lets say they were both different styles, one for neck one for middle, and then an Evolution humbucker..

would I have to worry about/change anything with the pots/switches? or is it a simple solder in?
it should be a direct swap as long as you are using the same kind of humbucker( 2 conductor or 4 conductor), and the single coils are the same(not stacked or anything). The wires might be different colors, but they serve the same purpose. You just have to look up the wiring diagrams from the particular company to see what color corresponds to what, ie. ground, hot, coil tap, etc..
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
It can get technical. Most pick up sites have wiring diagrams anyway. Just make sure you un solder the old connection, instead of cutting the wires. Ive done 3 DiMarzios on my own, all 4 conducter. Its pretty simple. Just dont cut any wires!
MY GEAR!:
Ibanez GSA60
Squier Stratocaster (Special Edition Black & Chrome)
Peavey 112 Bandit
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Dime CryBaby From Hell
Behringer UM-100 Ultra Metal Pedal
Nashville Acoustic
Does it matter if one of the singlecoils in my eko strat has only one wire (separates at the end for pot and switch) and the two fender singlecoils I put in a couple of days a go have 2 wires?
Quote by Chips-
Does it matter if one of the singlecoils in my eko strat has only one wire (separates at the end for pot and switch) and the two fender singlecoils I put in a couple of days a go have 2 wires?

No
Quote by amazingdm
I don't think it's the technical aspect of it that scares me, just that I'd have to spend more $$, but if I bought for example 2 Dimarzio single coil sized pickups (not sure whether they'd be vintage or not) and lets say they were both different styles, one for neck one for middle, and then an Evolution humbucker..

would I have to worry about/change anything with the pots/switches? or is it a simple solder in?

Unless you're going for non-factory switching options (which can be fun to dabble in), it's pretty much solder out, solder in. Just make sure that you follow the manufacturer's color-coding chart. If you're getting 3 humbuckers, you can have quite a bit of fun with different switching otions. For example, I get coil splitting in positions 2 and 4 of a 5 way.
Hi, I'm Peter