Page 1 of 2
Who has heard of the band Propogandhi?, they are bloody awsome. unfortunatly they only bring out a new album like every four years. i just really want to see what people think about them because i dont actually think ive seen any threads on them.
Love Potemkin City Limits, or at least the first 4 tracks, good band.
i got all their CD's...by far one of the best bands ever...im a fan of "how to clean everything", and "how to clean a couple of things", and last but not least "i'd rather be flag burning"...i would recommend all of them. one of my all time favorite bands for sure...check out those albums. peace!
Quote by RockThe40oz
I wonder how many times this line has been played out?

(I'm guilty of it myself.. don't worry)

Apparently it's been used so many times that people don't even go along with it anymore.

(People thought I was serious in the Pop punk forum)
Their older stuff , in their own words , was based on polemics. These guys are one of the only bands that i've seen progress. Their latest album , potemkin city limits, is my favorite.

It's the concepts that they develop when writing the lyrics. The idea of the bats jumping out of the devils trench coat , revealing of truth.

Lyrics like these are truely the divider from those who simply reiterate what they read from a michael moore book.

"Welcome to the offices of Economic and Manpower Analyses here at our historic and sprawling West Point Academy campus! My name is Mindy! It is my distinct pleasure to introduce you to a loving father of three (and a champion of the sanctioned use of armed force in pursuit of policy objectives). Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the project director of our newest recruitment strategy; our mission to staff future combat systems through current technologies. Without any further ado, I give to you Colonel Casey Wardynski!"

"Thank you! Let me begin with some sentimental appeals to our national myths; assorted clichés coined by the state; the ideological shorthand meant to sweep your private doubts [away] of this virtual training course. This portal; this Trojan Horse that you living idiots paid for and actually rolled into your own kids? rooms."

"Oops, did I just say that out loud? Oh, well, it?s not like it?s something new. It?s just the logical extension of the decades of bilge water that you?ve let us pump into your homes. The pink noise that hums away in the background while you run the gauntlet we force on you everyday. The billowing candy floss that helps to soften the blow. Deep down you?ve always known that your children already belong to us, so why don?t you cut the outraged parent routine, shut your mouth and get back in your seat. Your children already belong to us. What are you? You will pass on. And they won?t know a ****ing thing but this 'community,' this real life Ender?s Game. Forget what you think you know."

"Donald wept through the proceedings. His tears soaked through the canvas that cloaked his twisted face and they stained orange jumpsuit where with such rare distinction he once displayed the evidence of his outstanding contributions to the maintenance of a kingdom come. But those days are gone. He's nothing more than a number on a docket thick with shareholder, engineers, PR firms, politicians: war-profiteers. "How the **** did I end up here? This just isn't fair. Ain't no place for a millionaire." He searches for the words to stop this table in mid-turn, like "we are but old men" and "we only did what we were told", but the laughter from the gallery drowns out these vestiges of a profession's oldest defense. "The court will direct the record to reflect compliments from the bench; you sir, are central casting's crowning achievement. And for your outstanding performance in a comedic role, I'd like to dedicate the findings of the jury to the dead." But how can one man ever repay a debt so appalling? Can't gouge 10,000 eyes from a single head so I think we should observe a sentence that will serve to satisfy both a sense of function and poetry: so you will spend the rest of your days drenched in sweat, with your face drawn in a rictus of terror as you remove another buried land mine fuse. Meanwhile, 100 yards back behind the sandbags, a legless foreman pulls the trigger on a red megaphone. Squelching feedback. Drunken laughter. Broken English. His dead daughter's picture. Time and tide, no one can anticipate the inevitable waves of change."

I think it's for that reason that this exsists

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290040000105 (read bottom part)
Damn Canadians.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Quote by UraniYum
they informed me about homophobic rastafarians. that's about it.

Robert Christgau informed me of that.

Up the Xgau!
Ska sucks
ska revival isnt cool you stupid ****s
the bands are only in it for the bucks
and if you dont believe me youre a schmuck
but the trend will die out with any luck
hey hey rudie **** you
Quote by 4e574e57363g
pwnt

Quote by VodkaPunk
Greatest post ever.
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
Damn Canadians.

They´re Canadians?
Fat Mike joked about them with Anti-Flag about the best Polit-Punk Band from Pittsburgh but maybe my english is too bad to understand sarcasm...

...but it doesn´t matter they suck I think i don´t like the music and the singers voice so what´s left?
these guys are amazing, they are playing a show near me soon, im gonna be there no matter what, songs like bull**** politians, fedallahs horse, and back to the motor league, great stuff
Quote by lavazza
They´re Canadians?
Fat Mike joked about them with Anti-Flag about the best Polit-Punk Band from Pittsburgh but maybe my english is too bad to understand sarcasm...

...but it doesn´t matter they suck I think i don´t like the music and the singers voice so what´s left?

Anti Flag are the ones from Pittsburgh (Glenshaw, technically).

With Propagandhi.... you gotta ignore the crappy music and voice (it's pop-punk, of course it sucks), but listen to the lyrics, IMHO.

I loved how Propagandhi refused to play on Fat Mike's anti-Bush comp, because it was paid for by George Soros.
I agree with them that Soros is an opportunistic scumbag, who wrecked economies of third world nations, so that he could become a billionaire.

I have nothing but respect for them turning down the $$$ they would have made, because it was against their principles.

Now if I could only convince them to sound like the Stooges.....
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
propagandhi have a hell of a lot of integrity.
they get a lot of respect for that.
todays empire, tomorrows ashes musically. =best
less talk, more rock lyrically. = best
I wouldn't necessarily call Propaghandi poppy. I dig their stuff. I don't have the new CD though. Might wanna go pick it up, it haunts the shelves at the Best Buy I work at.
Live fast, die young.
One of my favorite band names haha and yeah they kick ass.
Quote by sglover34479
MOFAUX is the coolest guy ever. Women want his babies.

The rest of you are balls
Oh yeah hey dudes. Yeah, I was an instant convert to pop-punk once I heard 'How to clean everything'. I like how they blend playful pop-punk with political messages. I reckon thats a pretty good way to start - i mean with bands that are angry all the time and screaming, '**** the establishment', I think it's a breath of fresh air to have a band that says, 'Let's have fun playing games and ****ing the establishment over'. People nowadays take life way too seriously man - we should all learn to lighten up. And yeah, George Soros is a dick. I was tempted to say ****in Jew but then I realized that racially stereotyping him isn't gonna be any good cos not all jews are like that. Because of that mother****er, my country, Singapore [in South-east Asia] suffered the currency crisis of 1997/1998....and no way, Exploited rule! I may not like them as much now as when I first did when I first got into punk, but I think they were a seminal band for the hardcore punk/street punk scene.
Quote by RockThe40oz
^They're popping in the sense that they play the same kind of music as NoFX.

I can respect them for their lyrics, but I can't listen to them.

I think how to clean everything sounds like NOFX, but every other of their records strays away completey from that sound.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
i downloaded some of their stuff, and i got a song called haillie selassie, and one called **** religion, it's the same song, except one is a bit longer. does anyone know how this came about?
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by UraniYum
i downloaded some of their stuff, and i got a song called haillie selassie, and one called **** religion, it's the same song, except one is a bit longer. does anyone know how this came about?

The song is Haillie Sallasse, Up Your Ass and of How To Clean Everything if you read the lyrics its pretty self explanatory. **** Religion is just one of those added names that pop on p2p file sharing programs.
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
Everyone on this board talks like pop-punk is degrading and bad, when you all admit to liking it.

I can't understand that.
yeah. we all have vices. personally, i listen to trance when no one is looking.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
It's because of the bad name punk pop got itself due to the bands claiming to be punk pop these days. ^^
I don't talk down pop-punk. It's great stuff. even some of the "fakers." I also like rap beats and techno. And emo. And some indie.
Live fast, die young.
I got "How to clean everything" and its great.
Member of The Black Flaggots Club. Pm pinheadslts75 to join.
I like 'pop punk' because it's just easier to listen to and funner. I don't see the difference in punk and pop punk anyhow.
just wondering is anyone is going to see propagandhi this saturday in camden underworld?, i am. it should be ****ing amazing
Propagandhi are the shiznit.

And, as they add hardcore and metal elements they manage to keep it poppy, but still aggressive. Bullshit Politicians... hmm... I should cover that.
whos going to see them in edinburgh?? I know I am, ive only recently gotten into them, when my friend bought me a ticket to go see them as it happens. I didnt like them at first, i guess i kinda had to force myself ot like them, but im into them now, very good lyrics
Page 1 of 2